Compass in the snow (2006-07) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass in the snow (2006-07)

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-22-2006, 02:39 PM   #16
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

CO isnt the only ones gettin hit hard...will try to get some pics of the compass in the snow here in kodiak.

Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2006, 08:35 PM   #17
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07compasssport
CO isnt the only ones gettin hit hard...will try to get some pics of the compass in the snow here in kodiak.
Here are the Pictures from 07compasssport's in Metallic Blue. Thanks for sending these!!
ehpim0590.jpg   ehpim0591.jpg   ehpim0592.jpg  

Last edited by Gramps; 03-04-2007 at 05:39 AM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2006, 09:15 PM   #18
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

damn car looks good...thanks for posting gramps
Unread 12-24-2006, 03:49 AM   #19
snikr

Gramps,

I'll have to send you some pics I took of our Compass. The Marine Blue we got is a GREAT color.

Tom

So many roads.......So little vacation time
snikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2006, 06:49 AM   #20
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikr
Gramps,

I'll have to send you some pics I took of our Compass. The Marine Blue we got is a GREAT color.

Tom
Tom,

Good news! You've got 49 posts, I think with one more you can post your own pics ! The deal is still on no matter....

That Marine Blue does look sharp! I've got up around 9.5K on mine and still haven't seen another one on the road of any color.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Unread 12-24-2006, 07:02 AM   #21
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
damn car looks good...thanks for posting gramps
I had to play with those shots that you sent, that was fun . All that white stuff sucked the blue right off your Compass, made it look almost black sitting in a Marine Blue ocean. Then if I whitened up the snow too much the snow lost it's "depth". I learned a few new tricks from doing those. I wonder if my shots in the snow, if we ever get any, are going to come out pink? I've always had fun manipulating photos but never could afford my own dark room. Digital is neat!! Thanks for sending those!

Unread 12-24-2006, 07:08 AM   #22
usswasp
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Must see pics going through deeper snow. I'm considering a Compass in the next year or two to possibily replace the old XJ (I have put a few more miles on it to make it worth what I paid for it) and am keeping an eye on them. I like their increased MPG over the XJ and will be putting them up against the soon to be released Patriot but I digress.

Must see deeper snow to be impressed! I put my old 90 Buick Skylark through up to 11 inches of light snow and 6-8 inches of wet snow and all I see here is 3-4 inches at best. That's no test

08 Jeep Patriot, FD I CVT2 2.4L

02 KJ Sport traded ... I miss the ole' girl, except when I stop at the gas station
usswasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2006, 07:23 AM   #23
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by usswasp
Must see pics going through deeper snow. I'm considering a Compass in the next year or two to possibly replace the old XJ (I have put a few more miles on it to make it worth what I paid for it) and am keeping an eye on them. I like their increased MPG over the XJ and will be putting them up against the soon to be released Patriot but I digress.

Must see deeper snow to be impressed! I put my old 90 Buick Skylark through up to 11 inches of light snow and 6-8 inches of wet snow and all I see here is 3-4 inches at best. That's no test
We may still get some of the deeper stuff to satisfy everybody's curiosity on how well the Compass does. I'm starting to take my camera with me all the time now, you never know when somethings going to blow in so keep checking back .

If the handling characteristics of what I've had with the 3 - 4 inches are an indication of what it will do in deeper stuff, I'm not concerned with getting a LOT more. However, I'm not making a run over to Colorado to satisfy even my own curiosity . A BIG problem is that the Compass Forum has a lot of mostly new participants that can't post pictures even if they had them, we're trying to work around that now.

From what I've read so far the Patriot will have maybe another inch and 1/2 ground clearance. That may be important to you in the UP.

Last edited by Gramps; 12-24-2006 at 10:25 AM..
Unread 12-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #24
usswasp
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Gramps ... southern WI ... nice, I'm originally from NW Wisconsin ... dairy farm to be exact. The UP gets significantly more snow but to be honest this December so far has been hard on the winter sports. We presently have no snow cover

Anyway, January and February are going to kick my butt. I just bought a house and this winter I can't afford a snow blower so once the Lake effect kicks in I will be in serious deep snow Not that I'm complaining.

I will be keeping an eye on the forum for sure. The performance of the Compass and Patriot is very important. I didn't go for a Liberty until the trade-in's started hitting the dealer lots and there were good experiences being reported on the forums. I really don't like to be the test pig so I'm let the rest of you test for me.

Later

08 Jeep Patriot, FD I CVT2 2.4L

02 KJ Sport traded ... I miss the ole' girl, except when I stop at the gas station
usswasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2006, 12:24 PM   #25
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Gramps ... southern WI ... nice, I'm originally from NW Wisconsin ... dairy farm to be exact. The UP gets significantly more snow but to be honest this December so far has been hard on the winter sports. We presently have no snow cover

Anyway, January and February are going to kick my butt. I just bought a house and this winter I can't afford a snow blower so once the Lake effect kicks in I will be in serious deep snow Not that I'm complaining.

I will be keeping an eye on the forum for sure. The performance of the Compass and Patriot is very important. I didn't go for a Liberty until the trade-in's started hitting the dealer lots and there were good experiences being reported on the forums. I really don't like to be the test pig so I'm let the rest of you test for me.

Later
No problem! We accept the challenge

Unread 12-24-2006, 12:41 PM   #26
snikr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Tom,

Good news! You've got 49 posts, I think with one more you can post your own pics ! The deal is still on no matter....

That Marine Blue does look sharp! I've got up around 9.5K on mine and still haven't seen another one on the road of any color.
Gramps,

The photos are "in the mail". I'll have to check and see if I can post after this post (after Christmas of course). Happy Holidays and have fun in the snow.
We don't have any here in Vermont and the snowmobiles just sit in the garage. Good thing I have a 4 wheeler. Took that out yesterday and got covered in MUD! It was a BLAST.

Tom

So many roads.......So little vacation time
snikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2006, 02:10 PM   #27
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikr
Gramps,

The photos are "in the mail". I'll have to check and see if I can post after this post (after Christmas of course). Happy Holidays and have fun in the snow.
We don't have any here in Vermont and the snowmobiles just sit in the garage. Good thing I have a 4 wheeler. Took that out yesterday and got covered in MUD! It was a BLAST.

Tom
Tom,

Why didn't you take your Compass out in the mud?

Tom wanted me to post pictures of his Marine Blue, didn't say where and although he's out of snow right now like I am, I'm posting them in this thread with 07compasssport's Metallic Blue. I can change this if you want and undue the cropping if you like. Maybe we could start a new thread that is just "Owners Pictures" and that's all that's in there. Just a thought. Yes, I do have high speed Internet (at times, he, he). I'll resize and do what ever needs to be done so just send whatever you've got! No problem, glad to do it.

Merry Christmas to all.
eimg_0413.jpg   eimg_0412.jpg  

Last edited by Gramps; 03-04-2007 at 05:40 AM..
Unread 12-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #28
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

sorry gramps but my compass is not marine blue. its actually the metalic blue.
Unread 12-24-2006, 09:56 PM   #29
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Must see pics going through deeper snow. I'm considering a Compass in the next year or two to possibily replace the old XJ (I have put a few more miles on it to make it worth what I paid for it) and am keeping an eye on them. I like their increased MPG over the XJ and will be putting them up against the soon to be released Patriot but I digress.

sorry to dissapoint! however im not one to go tearin up a trail by myself in a brand new car with less than 1k miles on it and touring tires. i did look for an area that had more snow than just drifts! sorry for the disapointment. besides i just said that i would take some pics in the snow, didnt say it would be deep
Unread 12-24-2006, 10:15 PM   #30
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
sorry gramps but my compass is not marine blue. its actually the metalic blue.

Woops! Sorry, I've corrected my post. My turn to get the 20 lashes!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.