Compass Roaring Noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass Roaring Noise

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 08-28-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Mistyfate

Compass Roaring Noise

2007 Compass has a roaring noise that seems to be coming from the front of the car. It was diagnosed by three different mechanics as the wheel bearings. The wheel bearings were replaced and the vehicle still makes the roaring sound.

Tires have been rotated. Makes the noise at all speeds. Tends to be more noticable at lower speeds. Can feel slight vibration.

Any thoughts?

Mistyfate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Does this happen when going over bumps?
I have an 07 and it failed inspection two years in a row...tie rods the first and control arm (ball joints) this time
this caused a loud clunking
Unread 08-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
Mistyfate

It's a constant noise all the time. More so when going at a slow pace. Bumps or no bumps...it's all the same.
Mistyfate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #4
snood
2007 MK Compass 

What about a belt? Does it happen when the car is parked but on?
Unread 09-02-2009, 08:53 PM   #5
ups4
2008 KK Liberty 

Do you still have the original Firestone Firehawks?
We had to get rid of them with perfectly good tread, after about 15k. The noise was equivalent to riding on knobby mud tires .

They had been rotated several times and were wearing evenly. Just very loud tires after a little wear.

Could be the problem.

Paul
ups4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2009, 09:20 AM   #6
penguinwise

I replaced our firehawks at 22k, and the problem was Really noticable for about 8000 miles. I would blame the tires.
penguinwise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #7
CanadianSkin

My wife's 07 compass had that same problem. First they replaced the wheel bearings, but it didn't go away. Thgey just replaced the tranny yesterday. I haven't driven it yet to see if that took care of it.
CanadianSkin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.