Compass Review in USA Today (Feb 9-11, 2007) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass Review in USA Today (Feb 9-11, 2007)

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 02-11-2007, 09:34 AM   #1
BuzzDog

Compass Review in USA Today (Feb 9-11, 2007)

On page 5B of this weekend's edition of USA Today, there is a review of the Compass in which the author, James R. Healey, gives the overall rating of "Surprisingly delightful." I'm pasting a link to the article below, although I'm not sure how long the link will work (that depends on how long USA Today allows articles to remain "active" on their web server):

USA Today: Point taken: Jeep Compass is pretty swell

The review starts out on a seemingly negative note, then becomes positive. I also learned that the slot on the right-hand side of the cargo area is to stow the seatbelt and shoulder harness for the rear center position; I learned how to unlatch it from this forum (BTW, thanks jetjane for the tip, which is "buried" in the owner's manual...like most "type A" people, I hardly read the darn thing).

An interesting fact: Did you know that the rear seat of the Compass has MORE legroom than the second row of a Suburban? Guess if I carried passengers more often I'd have discovered this sooner...

One point where this review misses - and from the standpoint of the local business owner, it's sad that this is never mentioned - is the sole focus on the Compass as a vehicle that "looks like a Jeep without the stiff ride." For more than a few owners of "rock crawling" Jeeps, this vehicle is an outstanding way to reward their local Jeep dealer with the sale of a second vehicle; I'd do it in a heartbeat for my dealer. Too many garages in my neighborhood have a Wrangler on one side, and a Toyota, Subaru, or whatever on the other, and the second vehicle's from another dealer. For those of us who get good service from our Jeep dealer, it's a win/win situation: We get a vehicle that suits our needs AND have all vehicle servicing at one shop, plus the dealer gets rewarded for doing things that build our trust and loyalty. May sound old-fashioned, but it's amazing how much better you're treated when you've bought multiple vehicles from the same dealership!

BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.