Compass Rallye - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass Rallye

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 04-08-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
hyedipin

Compass Rallye

I saw it in person on friday at the autoshow, RALLYE edition.

2004 KJ LTD Black, For sale: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/...-trac-1277711/77k miles, 16.3 mpg, clear turn signals, Black euro taillights installed, window air deflectors, kenwood x590 headunit, premium factory sound system, 17" limited clad rims, Nokian Vatiiva A/T tires, tinted fronts, flowmaster 50 SUV series,
hyedipin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Nice addition to the line up. Thanks for the pics!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
hyedipin

here is the window sticker, not bad deal:
2004 KJ LTD Black, For sale: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/...-trac-1277711/77k miles, 16.3 mpg, clear turn signals, Black euro taillights installed, window air deflectors, kenwood x590 headunit, premium factory sound system, 17" limited clad rims, Nokian Vatiiva A/T tires, tinted fronts, flowmaster 50 SUV series,
Unread 04-08-2007, 08:29 PM   #4
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Doesn't look bad at all. However, is it like the Caliber's R/T package and just looks better with no performance gains or anything? I'd like to see an SRT version of the Patriot and Compass in addition to the Caliber.
edit: Just noticed something, how come you guys get fold away mirrors and us Caliber guys get the fixed ones???
Unread 04-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #5
Jgrillz

I LOVE the Rallye kit, but the Compass doesn't have enough power to do any fun rally stuff
Jgrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2007, 04:49 AM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Sorry guys but you can't have both performance AND economy. Since these are being touted as economical Jeep entries don't expect too much in the way of factory installed performance goodies. I wouldn't lose hope on over the counter parts becoming available or on the SRT though, I think it's all coming.

CoriolisSTORM: How come the Caliber R/T got the chill zone, illuminated cup holders, chrome door handles and exhaust tip, but the Limited didn't? I'm jealous!

Last edited by Gramps; 04-09-2007 at 10:13 AM..
Unread 04-09-2007, 06:30 AM   #7
BuzzDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
CoriolisSTORM: How come the Caliber R/T got the chill zone, illuminated cup holders, chrome door handles and exhaust tip, but the Limited didn't? I'm jealous!
Ain't it the truth...they can keep the rest of that stuff, but I'd like to have the chill zone!
BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:36 PM   #8
ups4
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzDog
Ain't it the truth...they can keep the rest of that stuff, but I'd like to have the chill zone!
I really don't think it would work that well.
We rented a Caliber with the chill zone and all it seemed to be was an insulated glove box with a connection to the A/C vent

Down here in South Florida, a cold drink wouldn't stand a chance at staying cold in that thing.

Paul
ups4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2007, 08:36 PM   #9
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzDog
eh, the Chillzone is not really worth it. It keeps it colder longer, but that's about it. I havent gone on any long trips in it yet, which is when it might be more beneficial. I dunno really. Well, how do YOU think a Compass would look with a chrome handle on each side? (I dont think the back would look good chromed). As far as exhaust tips and cup holders go, maybe we are special???
Unread 04-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Chrome door handle covers. Not high on my want list.
dh1.jpg   dh-.jpg   dh3.jpg  

Unread 04-09-2007, 11:32 PM   #11
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

not on top of my list!!
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2007, 09:19 AM   #12
JeepinYahoo
1977 CJ5 

What is a Compas? Is it a car? I am not flaming but a little confused. Did Jeep start making cars? Is this the first Jeep car? It looks like something that would compete with Subaru, but from what you guys said, slow? Not trying to flame, I never saw a Jeep car before. Is it 4wd or AWD?
Unread 04-10-2007, 09:30 AM   #13
hyedipin

It is not a car, for your reference, it is higher some of what you would call "crossover", it is as high as BMW X3, from what I have just seen. Front looks short, but rear shows its height. It comes in 4x4 and 2x4 versions. It is the Jeep version of Dodge Caliber.
Unread 04-10-2007, 10:14 AM   #14
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Actually Jeep refers to it as a compact SUV, not a cross-over or a car. 4 cylinders, independent suspension, etc don't make it a car any more than the Patriot or Mars Rover are a cars. Hoverer, it is an SUV by definition. See below.

It also uses a Dodge PM platform modified to Jeep specs including programming, suspension, etc.

You guys have been in the forum since 2005 and this is your first time inquiring about the Compass?

s

Last edited by Gramps; 04-10-2007 at 01:49 PM..
Unread 04-10-2007, 11:48 AM   #15
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

A sport utility vehicle, or SUV, is a passenger vehicle which combines the towing capacity of a pickup truck with the passenger-carrying space of a minivan or station wagon. Most SUVs are designed with a roughly square cross-section, an engine compartment, a combined passenger and cargo compartment, and no dedicated trunk. Most mid-size and full-size SUVs have three rows of seats with a cargo area directly behind the last row of seats. Compact SUVs and mini SUVs, such as the Jeep Compass/Patriot, Toyota RAV4 and Suzuki Vitara, may have five or fewer seats.

It is known in some countries as an off-road vehicle or four-wheel drive, often abbreviated to 4WD or 4x4, and pronounced "four-by-four". However, not all SUVs have four-wheel drive capabilities (see Mazda Tribute, for example). Conversely, not all 4WD passenger vehicles are SUVs (see, for example, Subaru Impreza).

More recently, manufacturers have responded to buyer's complaints that SUVs "drive like trucks" and demands for "carlike ride" with a new type of SUV. A new category, the crossover SUV uses car design and components for lighter weight and better fuel efficiency, but is no longer designed or recommended by the manufacturer for off-road usage or towing except those manufactured by Jeep.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.