Compass Radio Tuning in Europe??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass Radio Tuning in Europe???

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 07-12-2007, 05:18 AM   #1
albanor

Compass Radio Tuning in Europe???

Hello all,

Just picked up my new 2007 Compass yesterday here in Germany. It's a US Spec model (I'm US Citizen working with our Govt here) and I noticed pretty quickly that the radio only scans or tunes to stations with odd numbered decimal numbers as in the States (101.1, 101.3, etc.). I also own a Volvo we bought back in 2000 with US Specs. That car had a section in instruction manual on how to change regional settings on the radio so it would work in Europe, if you were there. Unfortunately, I can't find a section in the Compass manual saying how to do this. Does anyone know if it can even be done, or am I doomed to listening only to those stations broadcasting off frequency or my CDs?

BTW, in the few hours I've had it I'm impressed with the Compass.

Rocco

albanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 05:37 AM   #2
lynnk

From the service manual:

COUNTRY CODE AND CABIN EQ SETTING - RAR/REC RADIO ONLY
The RAR and REC radio may require the country code and cabin EQ setting to be set if not programmed correctly. If battery power is lost to radio, the anti-theft code must be entered before radio will operate. If the region the vehicle will be driven in uses 10 kHz spacing on the AM band (i.e. 95C. 960 etc.). set the Country Code to "USA'. If the region uses 9 kHz spacing, has LW and MW Bands. and uses RCS (i.e AF. PTY. TA. etc.). set the radio for 'EUR'. If neither of the previous settings apply, and the vehicle is not being driven in Japan. set the radio to 'ROW'. Vehicles driven in Japan should have the radio set to'JPN'. The following chart list selected coun¬try codes and radio broadcast standards.
To enter the country code and EQ setting. use a scan tool.

Germany (8CJ) ..... EUR

2007 Jeep Compass Limited
CVT2 Autostick
Remote Start
RAQ Radio w/ Sirius
lynnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2007, 05:47 AM   #3
lynnk

also ... just in cast you need it:

Available radios for this vehicle include:
• AM:FM:cassette/CD/MP3 (RAK sales code)
• AM/FM/6CD/MP3 (RAQ sales code)
• AM/FM/6CD (RAR sales code) - export only
• AM/FM/CD (REF sales code)
• AM/FM/6CD/MAP/DVD/GPS Navigation (REC sales code) - export, only

CVT2 Autostick
Remote Start
RAQ Radio w/ Sirius
Unread 10-22-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
resistme

I have the same problem in my Dodge Caliber:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnk
From the service manual:

COUNTRY CODE AND CABIN EQ SETTING - RAR/REC RADIO ONLY
The RAR and REC radio may require the country code and cabin EQ setting to be set if not programmed correctly. If battery power is lost to radio, the anti-theft code must be entered before radio will operate. If the region the vehicle will be driven in uses 10 kHz spacing on the AM band (i.e. 95C. 960 etc.). set the Country Code to "USA'. If the region uses 9 kHz spacing, has LW and MW Bands. and uses RCS (i.e AF. PTY. TA. etc.). set the radio for 'EUR'. If neither of the previous settings apply, and the vehicle is not being driven in Japan. set the radiRAo to 'ROW'. Vehicles driven in Japan should have the radio set to'JPN'. The following chart list selected coun¬try codes and radio broadcast standards.

Germany (8CJ) ..... EUR

However, I've got a RAQ radio, not a RAR model. Is there a way to reprogram these to the European settings?

If so how do you use a 'scan tool'

Thanks
resistme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2007, 02:22 PM   #5
dtocks

I've always had that problem, even with after markets. So I rarely listen to U.K. radio. Sorry, but you will probably need to buy a EU after market or just listen to your iPod.
dtocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 01:05 AM   #6
sir1173

Hi, I've got the same problem with my radio Raq on my grand cherokee. I also have a radio Rar that work fine for tuning FM. I think it's possible to do the setting because it's only a software setting.
Someone tells me about some special menus avaiable only pressing some buttons at the same time.
Someone knows something about this?
Thanks
sir1173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #7
the1ks

Country settings on 2005 RAQ radio

I found out that Alpine is the manufacturer of the RAQ radio - not sure if this helps.

Does anybody know how to access the country setting on the RAQ radio?

(I asked a similar question in another thread, but think the topic of this one fits better - so, sorry for cross-posting)
the1ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:32 AM   #8
lynnk

CVT2 Autostick
Remote Start
RAQ Radio w/ Sirius
Unread 07-04-2008, 08:49 AM   #9
the1ks

Does someone know the the item/option to be changed in the starscan tool in order to have european frequency settings (like 100.2MHz)? I asked my US dealer to change the country settings of the radio, but he said they could not find an option to change this - altough their software is up-to-date.

Thanks!

edit: My car is a 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7l

Last edited by the1ks; 07-05-2008 at 05:16 PM..
the1ks is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.