Compass Possibly - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass Possibly

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 03-30-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Gentleman
2008 MK Compass 

Compass Possibly

Hi

I am usually in the Liberty forum, the wife and I are looking at the possible purchase of a Compass as a second vehicle, keeping the Liberty, and would like to hear other Compass owners opinions, pro and con

Thanks

Bob

Unread 03-30-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Hey! Another Bob

Love mine, over 28K on it so far. The first half of the story is here: Compass Owner Review.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 05:48 PM   #3
Wade
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman View Post
Hi

I am usually in the Liberty forum, the wife and I are looking at the possible purchase of a Compass as a second vehicle, keeping the Liberty, and would like to hear other Compass owners opinions, pro and con

Thanks

Bob
Hi Bob... I'm new here, but I've been posting more over on another website about my 2008 Patriot and now, about my new 2008 Compass. I bought the Compass two weeks ago for my wife as we really needed to get rid of the 04 Ram 1500 Quad cab gas guzzler she was driving as her daily driver. The Compass is essentially the same vehicle as the Patriot, with mostly nothing more than sheet metal being the major difference. The rear cargo area is just slightly smaller that the Patriot due to the sloped rear window. Still I can haul, with the rear seats up so the twin grandbabies can sit in their car seats, my golf bag, my three wheel pull golf cart, show bag and the grandbabies' twin JeepWrangler side by side baby stroller. All that and it still doesn't block my view out the back window!

The ride is very enjoyable. The Yes Essential Seats are very comfortable and should we have a spill, these seats resist stains and odors from setting in. I haven't computed the gas mileage on the Compass as yet but I'm getting around 23 MPG in my Patriot. Since both vehicles have the same engine and tranny, so I don't think hers will be much different.

So far, the experience with both Jeeps have been very positive. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask...
Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
Jeepster55

hey Bob......i've had my Compass since November 07 and NOT ONE PROBLEM. a week after i got it, we took a short trip from Indy to KC and it did great on the highway. averaged 26 mpg for the trip and was very pleased.

while there are others that would try and persuade you to go with the Patriot, i still prefer my Compass.

bottom line is i HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Compass 4X4. best of luck with your decision......
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

Pro:

I've put over 10K miles on my 08 Compass since buying it in December. Absolutely no problems with the exception of the radio changing SAT channel on me once when it was 0F out.

Averaging 25mpg (24-26) and everything works far better than I expected!

I have a bad back and have had 0 problems with the heated leather seats!

I give it an A+ for its foul weather handling!

This is definitely a vehicle I will keep for a very long time. It is relatively fun to drive, even with a CVT, and is quite stable.

On the Con side....

There are assembly/cosmetic part defects. They will not affect the performance of the vehicle but if you are used to the fit and finish of imports....
Unread 04-01-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
Gentleman
2008 MK Compass 

Well I did it, bought an 08 4X2 Sport with the 26E package, Jeep Green, has a few more bells and whistles than I really wanted for run around vehicle, like the Bose sound system, but think I got a good deal on the price, stickered $21,205.00 got $3,000.00 in incentives ($500.00 I knew about, where the other $2,500 came from I do not know, but I took it) and with my Ram trade in of $11,500.00, walked out owing $8,000.00+ after taxes, license, etc, only had it one day and the wife came down with the flu, so not much driving yet, I think the cvt with the auto stick is going to take some getting used to, glad I read ahead of time of the slowdown when letting off the gas, but we are more than satisfied with the deal, just need to get some riding time in

Bob
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #7
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

Congratulations!

Yes the CVT definitely takes some getting used to. The good news is that it learns. In case no one else has mentioned it, flooring it does not get it to accelerate faster. The tranny is much more responsive with a light foot and will improve once you have a few thousand miles on it...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.