Compass Performance ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass Performance ?

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-02-2007, 06:34 PM   #1
compassforbyfor

Compass Performance ?

ok i love my compass sport 4x4 cvt, however whenever i press the gas there is so much lag. I need more throttle response. Also what other performance parts can i install to make this thing more faster/ responsive.
Please help!!!

compassforbyfor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2007, 06:51 PM   #2
steel5blue
2007 MK Compass 

the k&n air charger kit seems to do the trick for about $ 225 and a couple of hours of installation time, without sacrificing any fuel economy. I bought mine at autoanything.com (recommended by pillzny)- I do have the 5speed which probably had an off the line advantage from the get go- pun intended.

Rav-who? CR-what? Arizona-where?
2007 Compass Sport Steel-5speed-Blue 4X4

Last edited by steel5blue; 06-02-2007 at 09:41 PM..
steel5blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2007, 11:58 PM   #3
mdls4
2008 JK Wrangler 

I really wish the Turbo Diesel was available in the US (I've posted in this forum before, querying why it isn't), as it would boost the popularity of the compass even further! Making more performance based parts available for the Turbo Diesel version available (everything I've seen so far is for the petrol engines, apart from STARTECH mods - that isn't approved for the Australian Market yet).

Having the 2L CRD Turbo Diesel for the Compass is just awesome. I've had mine for only a few weeks now, and it's as simple as pressing down on the pedal and away we go. Unfortunately it just hurts the wallet with fuel stops.... it's just too hard to resist that turbo boost!

I'm new to the whole crossover/SUV/awd market, and I just love it.
mdls4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2007, 06:17 AM   #4
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compassforbyfor
ok i love my compass sport 4x4 cvt, however whenever i press the gas there is so much lag. I need more throttle response. Also what other performance parts can i install to make this thing more faster/ responsive.
Please help!!!
.............i have the k&N kit, notice the difference from 0 to 40 mph, seems smoother/more responsive, i plan on ordering the magnaflow exhaust within the next few weeks and having it installed soon after
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2007, 07:20 AM   #5
unibus
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compassforbyfor
Please help!!!

Don't know if it will help but have you seen this?

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/...er_1803107.pdf

I know it's from the caliber forum but the TSB also applies to the compass and patriot.
unibus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2007, 08:45 AM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Thanks for that one unibus! Many people do have a "Perceived lack of performance under light to moderate acceleration from a stop." I've not heard of the "Ticking Sound intermittently heard from the engine compartment."

This is one is worth checking into for any one with a production date prior to 4/21/07. I guess that means me, too!

I've always thought that mine was a little sluggish off the line but accepted it because of the power to weight ratio, CVT and descent gas mileage something had to be compromised. I have grown used to the off line performance but have always wanted better.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2007, 01:34 PM   #7
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibus
Don't know if it will help but have you seen this?

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/...er_1803107.pdf

I know it's from the caliber forum but the TSB also applies to the compass and patriot.

checked this out, and i realized it sounded familiar. went to my files for all work done on the jeep and saw that when the dealer (when there was one in kodiak) fixed the doors and horn, they also reflashed the computer and reprogramed the power control module. i really never noticed a difference from before to now. course could be that i dont get to drive the compass as much either.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2007, 02:24 PM   #8
compassforbyfor

thanks guys but is that really it for the performance edge? exhaust and cold air?
Unread 06-04-2007, 05:47 AM   #9
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibus
where do you get the TSB's from?
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2007, 06:24 AM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by echocat22
where do you get the TSB's from?
ResumeSpeed over in the Caliber forums has compiled a real nice list on the Caliber, some will also apply to the Compass and Patriot.

This one is listed as the 7th one down: 04/28/07 … 2007 … #18-031-07 …. Flash: Launch Performance / Driveability Enhancements

Here's the link to the caliber Forum.

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...light=bulletin

Unread 06-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #11
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Have you guys had the detonation troubles that some Caliber guys have? As far as performance goes, wait until the SRT 4 Cali comes out, then jack a turbo off of one that is looking lonely.
Unread 06-05-2007, 10:55 AM   #12
snikr

No "pinging" problems with our Compass. Wonder what that's all about?

Tom

So many roads.......So little vacation time
snikr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2007, 10:59 AM   #13
compassforbyfor

what does that tcb thing do "? and how do i get that installed ? don't know much about it sry!
Unread 06-05-2007, 11:55 AM   #14
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Tech Service Bulletins are services provided by the dealers. Free, if under warranty. This particular one will reprogram your computer.

Unread 06-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #15
pillzny

Wish I read this two days ago. I just went to get my oil changed @ jeep yesterday. I'da told them to check that out. Oh well. Like Gramps I've grown to accept the lag. Hope I remember to have them check this out next time. Like Echo, I want the Magnaflow too. Money's tight right now but as soon as I stumble across some cash, it's on the truck
pillzny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.