Compass and Patriot sightings - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass and Patriot sightings

NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 01-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #31
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

It's amazing what a name will do! I remember my Spanish teaching (many moons ago) saying that the Chevy Nova wouldn't sell in Mexico when it first came out the 70's. The problem? No-va in Spanish translates to "no go". Who would want to by a car called the Won't Drive?

However, these Jeeps drive great-but you already knew that

JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2008, 11:45 PM   #32
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Reminds me of Tonto, the Lone Ranger's friend. In Potawatami it's "wild one", in Spanish it's "idiot".

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #33
Chiquita

I live in San Diego and have probably seen 1 maybe 2 Patriots...I think I'm the only one so far sportin the crazy orange colored Patriot...talk about loud in color!
Chiquita is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #34
Jeepster55

I hate my Compass.....

......and for good reason.

Sunday, after leaving a local shopping mall, i walked to my Khaki Compass across the parking lot. when i put the key in the door (26D pkg), it wouldn't open. i tried it again with no luck. when i started to walk around it to try the other side, i noticed that in the basket i kept in the back was a white baseball cap. i thought to myself....."when did i put that THERE?". when i got to the back of the Compass, it was then that it hit me. I'M TRYING TO GET INTO SOMEONE ELSES COMPASS!!!

it looked just like mine, well except for the fact it was a LImited, didn't have any Sport Bars on it and had the 18" Chrome wheels. ok, it was KHAKI and that was it. but since i've seen very few Compass' on the road, seeing one the same color just never registered.

i must be getting old.......
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2008, 05:36 AM   #35
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

yesterday when I went to lunch I spotted a Black compass and a gold or maybe it's khaki colored compass as well - still never seen another Rallye (which is good for me - everyone's always checking me out when I'm rolling around!)

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2008, 05:52 AM   #36
Jeepster55

thats the way i felt too. it was kind of neat to have something that not everyone else was driving. but like anything else, the longer it's been out, the more i'm starting to see. since that experience at the mall, i've see TWO other Khaki colored Compass'.

maybe i should have mine painted "Sublime" or "Plum Crazy"??? (for those of you old enough to appreciate )
Unread 03-06-2008, 05:57 AM   #37
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55 View Post
maybe i should have mine painted "Sublime/Lime Lite" or "Plum Crazy/In Violet"??? (for those of you old enough to appreciate )
How 'bout Panther Pink/Moulin Rouge! or Lemon Twist/Top Banana

Unread 03-06-2008, 06:57 AM   #38
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

Hmmm a sublime Rallye - that might be pretty cool with the black wheels and a black spoiler.

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2008, 09:21 AM   #39
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent33 View Post
Hmmm a sublime Rallye - that might be pretty cool with the black wheels and a black spoiler.
i LIKE your thinking.......
Unread 03-06-2008, 01:02 PM   #40
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

So far I have only seen one other Compass, one Patriot and a hand full of Calibers,

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
jbjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #41
Stargazer79
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55 View Post
not sure what color his is, but i've only seen two and they were both black. i also had a body shop order some parts for one that had been wrecked and it was black. the wheels are black only....is black the only color they come in?

we had one on our lot when i bought my Khaki colored Sport 4X4 and if it had been Khaki, i might have gotten it instead.

they are different....

Mine's on order in Jeep Green. Just waiting on shipment.. a week or so to go. the anticipation is absolutely killing me!!! ... enough to notice the comment was referring to the wheels. Meh.. yah only black for the wheels. but no complaints. Save for the anticipation complaint. That stands.
:

And for the record, we've got a white Patriot in the parking lot at work, and my boss drives a shiny-shiny red Wrangler Rubicon (he referred me to the dealer...)

~No Longer Breathlessly anticipating my '08 Rallye, now just enjoying the [Expletive Deleted] out of it.~

Last edited by Stargazer79; 03-07-2008 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: My typing skills leave much to be desired.
Stargazer79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #42
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Today: Black Patriot; Black Compass; White, Khaki and Red Calibers.
During this last week: Khaki Compass; Marine Blue, Steel Blue, Orange and Black Caliber.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.