Compass and Patriot sightings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass and Patriot sightings

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippJeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJ

Unread 07-07-2007, 09:48 AM   #1
steel5blue
2007 MK Compass 

Compass and Patriot sightings

Yesterday I finally saw my first live Patriot on the road (silver). It does look good in vivo, much better than in photos-. I have encountered only two Compasses in the six plus months since I've had mine. The Jeep dealer in my county went out of business a couple of months ago, that probably has an impact.
How often do you see MKs on the road where you live?

Rav-who? CR-what? Arizona-where?
2007 Compass Sport Steel-5speed-Blue 4X4
steel5blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2007, 10:12 AM   #2
sracer

I live in Jeep country. Literally 1/4 of the vehicles on the road are Jeeps of various years and models. Plenty of Liberties on the road, and quite a few Compasses and Commanders. But my Patriot is the only one I've seen.
[/url][/SIZE]
sracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2007, 11:40 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I didn't see any for the longest time, then when the Patriots finally came out I started seeing more and more of both. There is even another Compass in the company parking lot (about 150 employees). Very few Commanders but Libby's, GCs and Wranglers have always been abundant and even a couple of the 4dr models. I followed a white Patriot on the way home yesterday for several miles and then turned off as they kept going. Calibers are also getting more abundant, even a new one in my little town (pop 4500), no other MK's though. The funny part is that when I see the MK's they appear bigger than what I'm driving, LOL! Maybe it's because the handling is so nice and tight.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2007, 06:48 PM   #4
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

on the island i know theres atleast 9 compasses and a couple calibers.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2007, 07:09 PM   #5
AzTeal-J
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sracer
I live in Jeep country. Literally 1/4 of the vehicles on the road are Jeeps of various years and models. Plenty of Liberties on the road, and quite a few Compasses and Commanders. But my Patriot is the only one I've seen.
You know - About half the population here in Payson has a Wrangler of sorts, and there are dozens of Cherokee. Even seen a few Compasses but only a Patriot at the Chapman dealer.
AzTeal-J is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2007, 09:00 PM   #6
DanCMH

I saw my first Patriot "in the wild" just this last Wednesday in downtown Columbus. (The lady driving it was double parked and trying to shout her way out of a ticket so it was a little hard to miss.)

Coincidently, a few days later I went into my dealer of choice and managed to finally hammer out a deal and order my own '08. Now the wait begins for my own green Limited 5 speed with all the trimmings but NAV.

..and to be honest I dont think I've ever seen a Compass on the roads around town.
DanCMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2007, 09:52 PM   #7
madrabbitt

theres a patriot on the corner, owner probably works at the sprint store there, since i see it several days a week, silver.

and i've seen a few others around town.
compasses, more frequent now.

One of the security companies has a compass as a supervisor vehicle. I'll try and get a shot of it.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 09:44 AM   #8
Mistyfate

Around Jersey I see a handful of Compasses - and sometimes we flash our headlights, honk, and give thumbs up.

I'm not sure if I've seen a Commander or a Patriot, since the two look very similar to me and I never have enough time to differentiate between the two; however this will soon change.

My sister is getting a Patriot, we pick it up today. She liked my Compass a lot, but likes the boxier style of the Patriot. So farwell to her RAV-4 and hello to her new Patriot Sport. I can't wait to see it! When I get a chance I'll post shots of the two jeeps together.
Mistyfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #9
madrabbitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyfate
Around Jersey I see a handful of Compasses - and sometimes we flash our headlights, honk, and give them a
Fixed it for you

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #10
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

I've seen more of them than my more beloved Calibers around here. Compasses, I've seen 3-5, Patriots, I've seen 1-2 of them. Calibers, well, the 2 I did see were from out of state, and there is one that I've seen back home. I feel neglected...
Unread 01-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

There are maybe 3 or 4 Patriots and like 10 or 12 Compasses in our town. Glad to see more of them! There's tons of Liberty's, GC's, Cherokees and Wranglers bombing around-glad to see them all!
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #12
Jeepster55

i saw ONE silver Compass Limited BEFORE i bought mine. haven't seen another until last weekend at the local Wally World, when i saw another Khaki Compass in the lot. it was also a Limited.....so the only Khaki Compass Sport i've seen on the road is mine. and i've not really 'seen' it on the road since i drive it! oh, and i can't say i've seen a Patriot yet, other than on our lot at the dealership.

funny, in the past any time i've bought a new car, i think to myself that i've nto seen any of these on the road BUT then after the purchase, i've always seen an abundance of them. not so with the Compass and not sure if this is a good thing or not......
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #13
ScubaStevie
2008 MK Patriot 

At my college i was parked next to an identical black patriot today.

I see more jeeps.. I even invented my own jeep game to do something while driving... Just yell jep first get a point... lol fun game..

I count about 20-30 for a 3 mile drive ... Its crazy how many you see...
Patriots I have seen about 20-30 total that all look different.. Compasses are like all over
ScubaStevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2008, 05:29 AM   #14
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

That's AWESOME!

Jeepster55-I wouldn't worry too much that you're not seeing more Compasses and Patriots. I think people are nervous about the economy right now, so they're staying put. I think you will see more as gas prices rise. My husband was looking at a Commander before we bought the Patriot (he was lulled by the 0% financing), but reality set in quickly when you look at the sticker price and fuel economy. We have a '97 Ford Expedition that we use to pull our camper, so we really didn't need something that big again. I like the way the Patriot sips gas, is really safe for my kids and I and is so much easier to park! It's a great vehicle. Now everytime my kids see a Jeep, they yell "Jeeep!!" Gotta luv it!

What I do think scares people also is the negative press about Chrysler, and some of the lukewarm reviews from different car journals. After reading a few, I thought, "Did you really drive this?" It was like they read someone elses journal and automatically formulated their opinion likewise. Ridiculous!

It's a great bang for the buck!
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #15
Snowplow
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sightings

I have seen lots of compasses and pat's but I own the only rallye compass in my area. Trust me i get all the looks from everyone
Snowplow is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.