Compass and Patriot? Same Jeeps just different sizes? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass and Patriot? Same Jeeps just different sizes?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 06-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
dragon672
2014 MK Compass 

Compass and Patriot? Same Jeeps just different sizes?

Yes I am back again asking questions. I still haven't purchased my Jeep yet but I will soon hopefully. My sister just purchased a 2013 Jeep Compass and I checked it out and while I like it I felt cramped in it. I'm short (5'3") so that's saying something I guess. So is there really any difference between the Compass and the Patriot other than the prices? I like the look of the Patriot much better even though I haven't drove one yet.

dragon672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
aroundincircles
2012 MK Patriot 

They are essentially the same vehicles. body panels are different, and for 2014, I think the compass has some changes done to the gauge cluster to make it look "upscale). But mechanically, they are the same.

The body panels you'll notice slop in more at the top on the compass, where the patriot is more square, so for broader people, and for stuff in the back, there is just a bit more room in the patriot than the compass. Not much, but I noticed it sitting in both right after each other at the dealer.
Unread 06-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
warlockjunkie

Same platform. Different body. That's essentially it. I'm 6'4" 300lbs and my Patriot works great for me and my family with two tall children.
warlockjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #4
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Yeah I'm 6'5" and Patriot fits me better than the wifes '99 Explorer.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
vinniej

Not been in a patriot, but at 6' 250lb I love driving my wife's 11 compass
vinniej is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
andyenobs
2012 MK Compass 

I have the Compass CRD Limited here in England - I'm 6'1" - no problem for me and I just love it and it was a big change for me as I had a Renaultsport RS 250 Coupe (French) 0 - 62 in 6.1 secs and a top speed of 157 mph.
I am looking forward to the winter snow for the first time.
Andy
andyenobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #7
andyenobs
2012 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyenobs View Post
I have the Compass CRD Limited here in England - I'm 6'1" - no problem for me and I just love it and it was a big change for me as I had a Renaultsport RS 250 Coupe (French) 0 - 62 in 6.1 secs and a top speed of 157 mph.
I am looking forward to the winter snow for the first time.
Andy
Another point worth mentioning is the Compass has a more European look than the Patriot.
If you look at the European cars in the States you will see they are less boxy looking and a little more rounded.

Sent from my HTC One X using JeepForum
andyenobs is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.