Compass and Patriot getting Sh*t on... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass and Patriot getting Sh*t on...

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 03-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Compass and Patriot getting Sh*t on...

I have Jeep as a friend on Fbook and they posted a video for the new Compass, just read all the comments from people ****ting on them. Makes me disappointed in the other jeep lovers out there.... they just dont understand that jeep doesnt always have to make extreme off roaders (imo the patriot and compass do pretty well off road with some mods) but seriously, whats with all the hate....tisk tisk...

here is a link to the fbook page... just insert facebook where the ***** is:

http://www.*********.com/jeep/posts/186614744707012

Unread 03-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

edit: Most guys on the forum have warmed up to us, Im not upset with you guys, its the people that dont even try a Pat or Compass out.

Like people have said before "I respect patriot owners who take them off road more then i respect the rich kids with the 4" lifted wranglers and 35s in the mall parkinglots who have never taken them in the mud"
Unread 03-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The Compass was being bashed before it was even on the show room floor. The Patriot was more well received because it looks more like a Jeep but still had the same everything as the Compass except the sheet metal.

It is what it is. If you like it, that's all that counts.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Yeha i know, i just thought id rant a little bit to get some feeling out... and i thought it would be interesting for people to see what people not on the forum think.
Unread 03-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

We're here for that too.

Unread 03-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Alot of Jeep traditionalist have no use for nor do they want the brand to be diluted with "cars", so that's probably where the "hate" comes from.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

This has been discussed many times in the past. A very small percentage of Jeeps, or other 4x4's, ever go off the road. Jeep has made MANY 2wd vehicles. The perception that Jeep's image is being diluted one only has to look at Jeep history to see that it didn't start with the MK's.

Unread 03-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #8
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

can we agree on this.

The Mks are great for what they are made for and then some. IMHO would i buy a more capable jeep? Yeah sure i will when i can afford it, But i love my MK and i think it out performs what it was designed for. especially when you mod it.

But my point is, its not made for rock crawling, its made for the soccer moms who live in NE and PA, and Wisconsin and places that get crazy weather. and it does great! Jeep made this crossover line so it can stay in business and compete with the CR-V.

btw- My plan is to keep my MK for another 5+years as a DD, then hopefully by a sedan aka a jetta like i used to have or something simmilar, and possibly sell my MK for a wrangler or something more offroad capable, or who knows maybe ill overhaul my MK with brandnew parts and keep it as a DD and buy a wrangler for some offroad fun... you never know where we will be in 5+ years ... but lets all get along, we dont have to like each other but the MK is still made by jeep, we are all family and we are all proud to be jeep owners!!

Unread 03-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #9
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

BTW Gramps,

You talked about my signature. LOL this is one of the farthest spots away from the class rooms at my school, not the closest at all... I still think its a jeep thing and not just people parking for connivence
183068_1600105322643_1236330141_31300483_3478475_n.jpg  
Unread 03-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #10
red rubi
So long pal!

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'd love to have a Compass. It would be the perfect complement to my "real Jeep" (kidding ) It would never replace my Rubi but my Rubi was never meant to be my DD. Wranglers are gas pigs and big tires are awful expensive to replace.
The Compass's (and Riots) have grown on me. I like the way they look, they're a nice size, can haul ski's or kayaks, get decent mileage and they seem plenty capable under most real world conditions. They not only look like Jeeps, they are Jeeps.
I'd be proud to call one my Jeep
red rubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #11
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
This has been discussed many times in the past. A very small percentage of Jeeps, or other 4x4's, ever go off the road. Jeep has made MANY 2wd vehicles. The perception that Jeep's image is being diluted one only has to look at Jeep history to see that it didn't start with the MK's.
While that's true there will always be those that only see jeep one way...topless, wrong or right, it won't change the way they feel.

I've had a CJ, XJ, KJ, YJ and now a TJ....to me they were all Jeeps, but some more than others.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #12
Wilmingtonite
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Does anyone know if you can put the front (grill, headlights and such) from a late model Cherokee onto a Patriot? I have a 2000 Cherokee, which is living up to its moniker "problem wagon." I don't ever want to get rid of it, but if push comes to shove, and my wife makes me (lol) I'll either trade it for another Cherokee or a Patriot, but I need to know if I can make the Pat look more "Cherokee."
Wilmingtonite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #13
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by red rubi View Post
I'd love to have a Compass. It would be the perfect complement to my "real Jeep" (kidding ) It would never replace my Rubi but my Rubi was never meant to be my DD. Wranglers are gas pigs and big tires are awful expensive to replace.
The Compass's (and Riots) have grown on me. I like the way they look, they're a nice size, can haul ski's or kayaks, get decent mileage and they seem plenty capable under most real world conditions. They not only look like Jeeps, they are Jeeps.
I'd be proud to call one my Jeep
Thanks for the support and IMO most of us (people with riots and compasses) would agree with you!
Unread 03-01-2011, 10:27 PM   #14
armystrong68w
2008 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilmingtonite View Post
Does anyone know if you can put the front (grill, headlights and such) from a late model Cherokee onto a Patriot? I have a 2000 Cherokee, which is living up to its moniker "problem wagon." I don't ever want to get rid of it, but if push comes to shove, and my wife makes me (lol) I'll either trade it for another Cherokee or a Patriot, but I need to know if I can make the Pat look more "Cherokee."
My guess is.... Could someone out there custom make one for a price, ABSOLUTLY...but is it worth it....IMHO....no, not at all
Unread 03-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #15
Wilmingtonite
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Oh, I would do it myself, I was just wondering if the parts and bolts would line up easily or if new holes would need to be drilled an so forth. I keep seeing "IMHO" what is that?
Wilmingtonite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.