Compass offroad subforum? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass offroad subforum?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 09-11-2006, 02:02 AM   #1
tarvis
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Compass offroad subforum?

you see how the xj forum got a subforum called street xj, well shouldnt the compass forum be called the street compass and then have a subcategory called the "offroad compass"...just a thought, and if this gets moved, move it to the compass section too..

i havent seen one commercial with a compass using its "freedom drive" in the dirt, its all those bobble gangsters, on the street...maybe Dr.Z did this to jeep haha

-No muffler, dumped before axle, K&N air filter
-homemade rack/bumper with six 55w 5 inch lights attached
tarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 10:32 AM   #2
egalsim

"Offroad Compass??" There's the definition of an oxymoron. LMAO!!!
egalsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 12:06 PM   #3
Kev M
2012 WK 

I hate to agree with Egalism, but when a man is right (and kinda funny) then he IS right.

Besides, this forum is small and not highly visited as it is, to further subdivide it at this time would be silly.

Maybe eventually an off-road section, more specifically for the Patriot, might not be a bad idea, but there will have to be a whole lot more owners of both out there before we'll see enough on this BB to make it worthwhile.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 01:50 PM   #4
tarvis
1989 XJ Cherokee 

yea, it was more of a joke, i just had to say it in a serious fashion so people wouldnt think im flaming....just a thought considering the compass is going to be used PRIMARILY for street use, so there should be a "rare offroad subforum"
-No muffler, dumped before axle, K&N air filter
-homemade rack/bumper with six 55w 5 inch lights attached
tarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 02:37 PM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

How about a "Beach, Desert and Gravel" sub forum?
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2006, 03:16 PM   #6
RP_Offroad
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Compass Offroad section = nothing to post.
RP_Offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 05:46 AM   #7
law.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_Offroad
Somebody will eventually lift their compass simply because it has jeep badging. If they/I could build it like the matchbox cars then I'd buy one... maybe... someday...

law.74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 12:29 PM   #8
HawkeyeWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP_Offroad

2002 WJ 4.7 Limited
Onyx Green Pearl
HawkeyeWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2006, 10:57 PM   #9
pdxbubba
2006 KJ Liberty 

It might not be made for hardcore rock crawling or mudbogging, but what about ralley?

Quote:

Jeep Compass Rallye for the UK
Remember the kitted-up Compass Rallye concept that made its debut at the 2005 Frankfurt show? The show car looks were dropped for the production version, which is currently available here in the US and will start appearing in European showrooms soon. The UK, however, is a different matter entirely.

In the UK, the only Jeep Compass that will be available is a right-hand-drive limited-production version of the concept car. The 2007 Jeep Compass Rallye will be available only with the Freedom Drive 1 all-wheel drive system and the aforementioned appearance package. Black wheels, aero-style bumpers and side skirts, and extra foglamps give the Compass Rallye its unique look.

The decision to make only the Rallye edition available was the result of UK market research that showed that the bespoilered Compass would be a better seller than the standard vehicle. To illustrate the limited availability of the Compass Rallye, Jeep stated that the UK division's other new arrival, Patriot, will outsell the Compass Rally 10:1. Pricing won't be announced until later.

Both the Patriot and Compass, as you know by now, are built on the same platform as the Dodge Caliber, and as such, they share powerplants with the little Dodge. Like the Euro Caliber, the Compass Rallye and Patriot will be available with either the 2.4L gasoline 4-cylinder or the VW-sourced 2.0 diesel. Looking at the aeroed-out Compass Rallye, we can't help but wonder what it'd be like to have it in the US ... with AWD and the Caliber SRT4 mill. Now that'd be something.
source
Unread 09-16-2006, 10:39 AM   #10
ponderosa
2007 MK Compass 

Michigan two tracks

I have taken my Limited in the woods and have enjoyed it. Soft sandy trails and mud were no trouble. I enjoy the ground clearance.

It sure is easy to drive. The auto stick is great for off road. I would not buy a CVT without it. I think the compass is so quiet I can sneak up on deer!

The real test will be this winter. Getting some tall snow tires for it.

I'm getting 24 mpg combined. Could get over 30 on the freeway if I go slow. Thats why I bought it.
ponderosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2006, 12:05 PM   #11
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

And here I am beating a Wrangler up "The Rocks" in Tucson
eimg_0085.jpg  
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 11:18 AM   #12
tate228
1995 XJ Cherokee 

i think the compass might make a cool rally car kinda thing. and they should get an offroad thread. ive seen enough subaru brats offroad to argue this one.
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:47 PM   #13
The27Jeenyus

the compass subforum could be called "the dirt road to my driveway"
The27Jeenyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2008, 05:43 AM   #14
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvis View Post
yea, it was more of a joke, i just had to say it in a serious fashion so people wouldnt think im flaming....just a thought considering the compass is going to be used PRIMARILY for street use, so there should be a "rare offroad subforum"
my guess is that if you polled all the owners of Grand Cherokees, Libertys and even Cherokees, and they told the truth, all of THESE are vehicles would be "used PRIMARILY for street use". why should the Compass be any different? it's just not been out long enough to have someone really take it to the max.

maybe i'll be the FIRST? how about a 2" RR lift kit, 16" Moab Wheels with BFG All-Terrains, a Mopar Roof Basket with the spare tire mounted in it AND a Front Brush Guard? not to mention the addition of all the skid plates and springs from the Patriot FDII Off-Road Pkg.

WELL???
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2008, 05:45 AM   #15
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by law.74 View Post
Somebody will eventually lift their compass
it's already happened......just ask "Gramps"!!!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.