Compass OEM Subwoofer/standard audio pkg - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass OEM Subwoofer/standard audio pkg

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 04-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
davep
2007 MK Compass 

Compass OEM Subwoofer/standard audio pkg

First off, my compass has the RAQ stereo (6 disc, no cassette), standard sound package (4 speakers)

I really like the idea of the integrated sub in the cargo area; but I haven't seen it for sale as an accessory item; does anyone have insight into getting one and hooking it up?

On a side note (*rimshot*); the bass levels I'm getting out of my standard 4-speaker setup seems to be way too loud; even with bass turned to the lowest setting, there are a few songs with a deep bass guitar that really muddy the whole sound. Is that typical? I seem to recall reading a similar complaint in a magazine review. Any audio guys out there that could suggest a simple (easy to install) super-low bass stopper (high pass filter?)

Thanks!

davep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep View Post
.. the bass levels I'm getting out of my standard 4-speaker setup seems to be way too loud; even with bass turned to the lowest setting, there are a few songs with a deep bass guitar that really muddy the whole sound. Is that typical? ..
Same here- way over emphasied bass. I was able to at least clear up the "muddy" sound by installing the Kicker upgrade speaker from Mopar (about $90 a pair)- they are a plug and play direct fit speaker- and they are a true two way instead of the "full-range" speakers that are stock. The result is tighter bass and clearer highs.

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
jbjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #3
davep
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbjeepguy View Post
Same here- way over emphasied bass. I was able to at least clear up the "muddy" sound by installing the Kicker upgrade speaker from Mopar (about $90 a pair)- they are a plug and play direct fit speaker- and they are a true two way instead of the "full-range" speakers that are stock. The result is tighter bass and clearer highs.
Ah, so it is down to the speakers; that's good news I suppose. I'm not very discerning about audio, but I can tell when something is "wrong". I'm guessing there's nothing special about the 6x9's in the doors; are the Kicker's unique in some way? special plug?
Unread 04-02-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep View Post
.. are the Kicker's unique in some way? special plug?
Yep- they have the correct plug on them. No a big deal, but when I priced replacements they were also cheaper than most.

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
Unread 04-02-2008, 11:42 AM   #5
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

If you can pick up the Kicker upgrades for $90 a pair it is well worth it. And so easy to install. Just pop the speaker cover off, it is separate from the entire door panel, unscrew the speakers, unplug them, plug in the new ones, screw them back in, pop the panel on and woooooowhioooooo better sound.
'07 Compass Limited 4X4: K&N Air charger, Borla cat back exhaust, Rocky Road Lift kit, Firestone Destination A/T 245/65/17's, Red painted brake calipers, Pioneer AVIC Z2, Sirius, iPod interface, Polk Audio 6X9s (all 4 doors), Polk Audio Tweeters (dash), Polk Audio 6.5s (rear hatch), 2 Kicker CVR 10" Sub woofers in custom enclosure (hidden), Eclipse XA4000 4 channel & XA1000 1 channel amplifiers.

Peep my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3031696
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #6
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

I got the Kicker upgrades here:

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/engi...&mode=products

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
Unread 04-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
davep
2007 MK Compass 

I have some nice alpine 3.5" speakers out of a car I sold a while back; I'm in the process of hacking under the dash to make them fit, then trying to find the nearest wire to tap into.

I might just unplug the front door speakers and see how it sounds with just the dash speakers and then use the fader control to tweak the bass-heavy rears.

Sadly, I'm working with a "we just got a new car, you can't spend any money" ultimatum from my wife. Fortunately I never throw anything away, and I have lots of wire taps, speaker wire, spade connectors and maybe even some more speakers floating around somewhere. The whole concept of speaker impedance is a mystery to me, hopefully I won't screw anything up!
Unread 04-02-2008, 08:07 PM   #8
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Several TSB's on speakers. maybe this one: http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/...r_0802407a.pdf Find more here: http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...light=bulletin

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.