Compass HID options. 2012 limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass HID options. 2012 limited

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 04-24-2013, 08:47 AM   #1
Compasswhitey

Compass HID options. 2012 limited

I am trying to put HIDs in my compass. I've found that the fogs will fit with a 5202 bulb. I have everything all set I just need to know what wattage to go with. I was thinking 55w might be to much but I would like the brightness. I had 55w in my dodge ram and they were great. Can the 55w go in the low beam and fog lights without melting anything or do I have to stick with 35w??

Thanks
Nick

Compasswhitey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #2
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

not going to start another argument thread, but they're not a good idea, especially in the new compass headlights. they glare like a mofo.

http://www.myjeepcompass.com/forums/...hid-8000k.html

check out this thread for all the arguments against, and the "nuh-uh, they're totally awesome!" arguments for.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/hids-1490117/
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:05 AM   #3
Compasswhitey

Wasn't my question. I know they blind people and glare. There are ways to take care of that. I just want to know if 55w will melt anything
Unread 04-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #4
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Oh boy here we go...
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
Compasswhitey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
Oh boy here we go...
Really? Wow. Why join a forum anymore with people like u.

I've already got modified housings that resemble the 2013 jeep. Just one little ol question.
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #6
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I dont take part in the HID threads. I just remember how heated the last one (like a week ago) got.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
Compasswhitey

Quote:
I dont take part in the HID threads. I just remember how heated the last one (like a week ago) got.
I searched that and they weren't arguing about the same topic. I'm just wondering how much heat the 55w puts out vs what the housing can take. They are projectors but a local shop makes them for the cars around here. It's called xtreme custom paint and accessories. They do good work. Headlight looks factory and its epoxyd instead of glued to prepare for the heat of the hid and not heat up the glue. Just don't know what the plastic will take.
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #8
Blasterboy1019

The heat is about the same. I personally have 55 in high and low and 35 on fogs since my fogs are projection.
Blasterboy1019 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #9
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Oh boy here we go...
i've said my piece, he can use the information posted to choose to do what he wishes.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.