Compass Diesel - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass Diesel

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 03-02-2007, 06:26 PM   #1
mealso

Compass Diesel

Startech toughens up the Compass
March 2nd, 2007
From the article: “Performance tuning, consisting of a new engine computer and exhaust system, is limited to models equipped with the 2.0-liter turbodiesel four-cylinder. Power is up from 140 hp and 229 lb-ft of torque to 180 hp and 266 lb-ft, all channeled through a five-speed manual transaxle.”

Do you think there is market demand for a Compass SRT4?

Startech Jeep Compass - autoweek.com

mealso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Looks pretty cool. The 2.0 Turbo Diesel is an export engine that the German Startech Company used.

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../70228003/1024

As far as the Compass SRT is concerned to relate it to the Caliber SRT, it's only available with a 6 speed trans and FWD, not the CVT that is needed for coupling it to the FD II package in a radical offroader. The CVT is not made to handle 300 hp. Of course that doesn't mean that the turbo for the 2.4 can't be limited on the boost to keep it at about 250 hp which would be with in the limits for a CVT, or use the export turbo diesel.

Ain't Hot Rods fun!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
schneider777
2007 MK Compass 

Hello to the American Friend´s !

I am from Austria, and a new User in this Forum.
Sorry my English is not so good !!!

But i can tell you about the Compass in Europa (Austria)

In Austria i can get a Compass in Version Sport, Sport+ and Limited
it´s available with a 2.0 lit. 120 or 140 HP (310Nm 1750-2500 U/min) Motor from VW (Volkswagen Germany).
6 speed manual Gear Box (verry good)
I test it the Compass 2.0 with 120 HP in Limited Version a half Day.
Ithink it´s a very compact car with a good safty and all things about ESP, ABS, BAS, EBV,
I think about to buy it......
The Price for me (i think it´s a good Price) is 24.700 € (32.878 USD)
for the 2l 120HP Sport.
Please tell me about the quality, my car now is a 96 Toyota Corolla 75 HP :-)

Comming Soon..........
schneider777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Hi and welcome to the Forum! You're English is just fine, better than some of us are able to write it. and certainly better than my German!

Of course you'll have to do your own rating on the performance of the Diesel because we just do not have it available to us in the US to the dismay of many. Please give US your feed back on that if you would!

The quality, as viewed by the owners, appears to be very good. The fit and finish seems to be better than most with very few problems reported. Little things seem to come up in discussion on just a few items like the cover over the spare tire sometimes rattles, door adjustment including the rear hatch, window track adjustment and a few have had issues with the lack of power (below normal) when pulling out into traffic on slippery roads. This last problem that I just mentioned is maybe caused by programming of the ESP and the factory is looking in to it. The thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/things-annoy-you-about-your-compass-360552/

may give you our thoughts on things that just bother us but not necessarily considered quality issues. I don't recall too many across the board issues, only isolated problems. Overall I give mine VERY high ratings.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

Last edited by Gramps; 04-02-2007 at 07:17 PM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.