Compass at the Dealer Today - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass at the Dealer Today

JK Front Axle TrussARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 03-08-2007, 11:59 PM   #16
Jason31

No, does it using AutoStick as well as CVT as noted above.

Unread 03-19-2007, 07:31 AM   #17
Jason31

UPDATE: Chrysler has had a few other reports of a similiar problem and is looking into the issue.

Will update further as I know more.
Unread 04-24-2008, 03:11 PM   #18
djannello

Maybe you're just a speed demon... this isn't a grand prix or a firechicken you know?!?!?1?
djannello is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #19
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djannello View Post
Maybe you're just a speed demon... this isn't a grand prix or a firechicken you know?!?!?1?
We all know that. It appears that you're not up to the workings of an MK. This has been an issue with Calibers as well and a few other Compass' and Patriots. I believe it turned out to be the ECM but I can't be sure. jason31 did say it wasn't NORMAL!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 06:34 PM   #20
zjay

One thing different with the CVT is the control that the trans controller has over the PCM. Normally the PCM will let you tear the crap out of the transmission, but the cvt will tell the PCM to chill out when it needs to in order to protect itself. Hence no rubber patches across the parking lot. So I have been taught, anyway.
zjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2008, 08:19 PM   #21
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

this has happened to me twice and the wife once. but nothing on the dash lights up and no codes are thrown or stored. no power at all till about 2500 RPM (takes 5-7 seconds) then it takes right off like nothing happened.

hasnt happened in months but Ive tried to reproduce it at will (stopped, wheels turned and mess with the gas etc) but havent been able to so far.

july 2007 build date patriot with CVT2.
Unread 04-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #22
Jason31

Quote:
Originally Posted by djannello View Post

He's just picking on me, I used to work with him.

No, obviously the Compass doesn't compare to the supercharged Grand Prix I had (which I modified for more power) or the weekend firechicken in my garage. LOL.

As an FYI for any newer owners experiencing this issue -- The fix for this was the TSB that has been talked about numerous times on this forum.

Unread 04-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #23
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason31 View Post

As an FYI for any newer owners experiencing this issue -- The fix for this was the TSB that has been talked about numerous times on this forum.
isnt that TSB for pre-April 07s? mine is a July 07.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.