Compass CVT2 Reliability - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass CVT2 Reliability

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 04-24-2007, 11:13 PM   #1
holtmeier

Compass CVT2 Reliability

I'm in the process of buying my wife a 4x2 Compass. She just needs a car and we have enough 4x4's.

My brother is a Honda mechanic and he was concerned with the long term reliability of the CVT2 since it is relatively new. He has done more work on Honda CVT's than their other auto trans. Neither of us are fans of extended warranties, but he even suggested getting an extended warranty since the CVT2 is unproven in the long term.

Anyone have any problems with the CVT2?

BTW, Compass inventories are high in my area. One salesman told me that the Compass is moving slow right now, probably because of the patriot. That's good for Compass buyers.

holtmeier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2007, 05:26 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I haven't seen any problems listed in the forums, only questions about a few inherent differences. I'm just shy of 15K on mine with no problems at all. Here are a few links, maybe they will help answer your question.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/compass-transmission-question-370820/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370820

I don't normally do extended warranty's either. If you stick the money in the bank that the warranty would cost you're usually better off.

With the CVT being the only transmission for the Trail Rated package I guess I've got some blind faith that they will hold up well otherwise also.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:02 PM   #3
holtmeier

Here's my favorite extended warranty story. My brother is working on a Honda Pilot that threw a rod through the engine block. It' under extended warranty and the owner files a claim with the warranty company. They said they would only pay for the rod and crank and not the block because the owner didn't stop the vehicle soon enough to avoid damaging the block. Now that's a chicken s*** insurance company tactic!
holtmeier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
BuzzDog

Check out this thread:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...light=extended

Bottom line: Save your money.
BuzzDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.