Compass CRD - First 10,000km Service - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass CRD - First 10,000km Service

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 12-13-2007, 03:00 AM   #1
mdls4
2008 JK Wrangler 

Compass CRD - First 10,000km Service

Just thought i'd share this with the community, particularly those in the UK/Australia with the CRD. I've just had my first 10,000km service, and boy is there a difference in the throttle response! The dealer didn't mention any updates were available with the scan tool, so in short a simple oil & filter change did the trick.

When I bought my Compass CRD, I was told the grade oil used was 0W 40 Full synthetic. I can only assume they used this for the cars engine brake in period only, because when they serviced it - they replaced the oil with 5W 30 low ash oil for diesels. Acceleration is much more responsive, and a lot smoother across the whole rev range.

For those of you with the CRD, you might want to make note of this if you come across it too. Since I bought the Compass, on cold start it would make this knocking sound at the front of the car. I of course asked the dealer to check it out when I dropped it off for the service, and it turned out to be a missing bolt for the intercooler. This was replaced and the noise is gone.

I can't fault anything with this car, I love it!!

mdls4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 05:59 AM   #2
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Videos/pictures please!! I'm dying here!
Unread 12-13-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
mdls4
2008 JK Wrangler 

lol. I posted pics of my CRD the other day, under the Compass Owners Pics thread. I'll look into some videos to upload to youtube, the audio quality won't do any justice though...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=21
mdls4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2007, 04:32 PM   #4
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Sacrilege! You guys drive on the wrong side too!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.