Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

"Compass" calibration....as in N,W,S,E

9K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Ledge 
#1 ·
Ok, so try searching for compass calibration in a "Compass" forum.....heh!

We've had our Patriot for three weeks now, and the "CAL" light keeps flashing on the information display. I assume its the compass calibration on the vehicle. How do you go about forcing it to calibrate? I've only had one vehicle do this on me, and a few minutes in a tight circle in a parking lot took care of it - which I tried the other day, but it didn't help.

#3 ·
#8 ·
That is why I asked my wife to buy me the Mirror with the temp sensor and compass built in for xmas. I also really like the auto dimming since I do a lot of driving at night.

I probably won't install it until the spring though.....it's way too cold in January.

#5 ·
Sure it does. It's the "O" on your rear bumper! :hahaha:

Sorry :(. Really, this was one of the "likes and dislikes" that people were :confused: about. It only comes with the EVIC.

#7 ·
Great minds, same gutter! :D

The Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) features a driver-interactive display. It is located in the lower left part of the cluster below the fuel and engine temperature gauge. The EVIC consists of the following:

System Status
Vehicle information warning message displays
Personal Settings (customer programmable features)
Compass heading
Outside temperature display
Trip computer functions
UConnect™ hands-free communication system displays — If Equipped
Audio mode display
Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM)

and here I was complaining about too many initials used for everything! :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.