Compass & Caliber 5 spd Transmissions on Factory Hold - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass & Caliber 5 spd Transmissions on Factory Hold

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-28-2006, 08:43 AM   #16
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTraveler
We all have plenty of reasons why we went for the compass, mine is mostly timing.
and all of them good reasons, I'm certainly not arguing against them!

Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2006, 06:52 AM   #17
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

This is just a production update. My friend still has not been able to get in touch with his friend at the plant.

The Caliber R/T, CVT, that I ordered in mid April is finally here. The dealer screwed around and didn't order it untill the first week in June.

I'm glad the Compass came out a little earlier than DC predicted.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2006, 01:59 PM   #18
TimeTraveler
2014 JK Wrangler 

Update from Dealer

Today I received the following Message from my Salesman.

"As for the plant manufacturing of the manual transmittion, they have started up building again.... The problem is now, that due to the popularity of the Compass they are slightly backed-up in the manufacturing. The Sales manager called in a favor and got your vehicle bumped to the top of the list which means that it should be pulled for production either late this week or early next week. As for a delivery date I am not sure exactly, I will know more once the unite is built and they have made a shipping date."

Well it looks like we are back on some sort of track.

Calgary Weather "Snow, -21C (-6F)"

GEO
TimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #19
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Today I received the following Message from my Salesman.

"As for the plant manufacturing of the manual transmittion, they have started up building again.... The problem is now, that due to the popularity of the Compass they are slightly backed-up in the manufacturing. The Sales manager called in a favor and got your vehicle bumped to the top of the list which means that it should be pulled for production either late this week or early next week. As for a delivery date I am not sure exactly, I will know more once the unite is built and they have made a shipping date."

Well it looks like we are back on some sort of track.

Calgary Weather "Snow, -21C (-6F)"

GEO

Hope that they are being straight with you. It is QUITE rare that a sales manager at a dealership would have even the SLIGHTEST bit of pull at corporate.

However, I'm optimistic that something is happening with regards to building your vehicle!

Unread 10-30-2006, 07:55 PM   #20
Melanie

Quote:
The Sales manager called in a favor and got your vehicle bumped to the top of the list which means that it should be pulled for production either late this week or early next week.
FYI - I got the same line from my sales consultant almost 8 weeks ago (and still don't have my Compass with automatic transmission). Last week, the car was still not being built.

Hope your guy was being honest.

Mel
2007 Compass North[/FONT][/I][/SIZE]
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2006, 08:18 PM   #21
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

wow, maybe the people havina hard time gettin their cars should move to kodiak. there are 6 on the lot right now...2 limiteds rest are sports with auto and 5spd. the wife and i order ours in aug and took delivery in sept!! makes me feel good
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2006, 07:08 AM   #22
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07compasssport
wow, maybe the people havina hard time gettin their cars should move to kodiak. there are 6 on the lot right now...2 limiteds rest are sports with auto and 5spd. the wife and i order ours in aug and took delivery in sept!! makes me feel good

There were (and as far as I know are) no 5-spd Compasses anywhere near PA.

Certainly there were no 5-speed limited with the options I wanted anywhere in the 200-300 mile region when my local sales manager tried to locate one for me.

Certainly the prospect of being without a car for about 2 months helped my decision to buy a Subaru off a local lot. I might have gone that way anyway, but it would have been a harder decision to make if they could have located one.

I really think there is a chance I would have ended up in a Compass then.

K
Unread 10-31-2006, 05:31 PM   #23
TimeTraveler
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'm going to call the DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center as Miguel advised. I have my VON number infront of me. I'll let you all know what they have to say.

Prior to ordering the Limited, I was looking at the North, but was informed they did not have these available in Canada at that time. This was September. Maybe that was only Western Canada....hmmm

GEO
Unread 11-06-2006, 12:22 PM   #24
TimeTraveler
2014 JK Wrangler 

It has been 6 weeks since the factory order date. 7 weeks since I put money down to order one. I have called the DaimlerChrysler's Customer Service Center today, and the only information they had is that the Compass is "Scheduled for Production". No VIN so far, and no idea of when they would start or complete.

Patients?? We don't need no stinking Patients!!!
Unread 11-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #25
Kev M
2012 WK 

Sorry to hear man, hope it comes through soon.

I'm REALLY glad I didn't wait fo a 5-speed Compass right now...
Unread 11-06-2006, 04:27 PM   #26
Mistyfate

I bought my Compass in July. I ended up getting the Limited automatic CVT that they had on the lot. They could not find the specific Compass that I wanted ANYWHERE near me (in Jersey). I wanted the following options:

Color: silver or black
Limited
Sunroof
Driver's convenience package

The one they had on the lot was silver and a limited but it did not have the convenience package or the sunroof. Since I am an instant gratification kinda gal (at times :P) I went for the one they had on the lot. The dealer advised me that if I gave him a day or two that he could have a sunroof installed no problem (for an extra 1000 - as opposed to the 500 or 800 that it would be to b uy one with that option) and he said it is supposed to be as good as the factory...so far so good.

I still wish I had the convenience package...but I really did NOT wanna wait.

Good luck for all of you waiting.
Mistyfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 11:26 AM   #27
Rbongirl

I work at the Belvidere plant...went on disability a few weeks ago. I know at the time I went on disability (around the 20th), we had 70k orders for Calibers, 19k orders for Compasses, and we were a total of 20k orders behind. Now, we did work weekends the last 3 weeks...had off Tuesday due to Election Day as well as this upcoming Monday. I'm scheduled to go back to work the 20th. I may go back earlier or later than that. It depends on what medical allows. 3rd shift is the only shift working next Sat and then we're off Thurs/Fri and that weekend for Thanksgiving. When we go back, we will be working 3 weekends in a row. When things go well, we usually put out about 1500 cars per day. However, that can vary when parts do not come in, things go down, etc.
Kel
Rbongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2006, 06:09 AM   #28
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Kel,

Thanks for the info, it nice to see that these are selling well in spite of the nay sayers. Truth is a good thing. Any guesses on how or when they are going to squeeze the Patriot in to the flow?

Gramps
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #29
Rbongirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Kel,

Thanks for the info, it nice to see that these are selling well in spite of the nay sayers. Truth is a good thing. Any guesses on how or when they are going to squeeze the Patriot in to the flow?

Gramps

I've been off work since about the 17th (I have severe rheumatoid arthritis...am a sander up in paintshop, so my work is VERY physical...line runs at 87 cars an hour, not very arthritis friendly when I'm in a bad flare). I know before I went on disability, there were a few going through (maybe 2 a week) that they were doing for specs..they finally got some going through reprocess (fixing paint errors) to get that set up. So that's a good sign, before that, we were just doing 'em for crash tests. My guess is we won't actually start producing them until after the 1st of the year though. Then again, that's my guess. I could be wrong.
Kel
Rbongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2006, 11:18 PM   #30
lilacsl2
OhDoyleRules

2013 JK Wrangler 

What I was told by my sales manager about compass orders was that DCx was having supply problems for the 5 spd trannies similar to the supply problems that they are having with the electronic disconnects for the rubicon jk's.

I have yet to see a 5 spd compass or caliber come to the lot. Although we had a few of the compasses order with the 5 spd and a couple compasses. We seem to have no trouble getting our hands on the cvt's though.
2007 Dodge 1500 Laramie, Hemi, 20's, 33's, all the goodies.
lilacsl2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.