Compass AWD catback exhaust from magnaflow - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass AWD catback exhaust from magnaflow

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 01-14-2007, 04:02 PM   #16
compassjeep

yes

yes i would do it again, the price is not to high, easy to do, (it is all stainless) if the noise would bother you, it would be easy to add a small short resonator muffler, the looks are good, magnaflow is working on the fitment issues, will keep informed on this issue.

Last edited by compassjeep; 02-08-2007 at 06:13 AM..
compassjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2007, 08:09 AM   #17
FernGreenXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev M
Performance and mileage are inter-related.

If it DOES help with performance it will likely hurt mileage.

If it hurts performance, it might help mileage.

Also depends on whether or not you drive it any different afterwards.

K
False. The only reason things such as aftermarket exhausts, intakes, bored out TB's and such cause worse mileage is due to the fact that most people, me included, DO become a little more throttle happy when they hit the gas and hear the bark of the exhaust. I know that during the summer when I drive with the windows down and I'm next to the concrete barrier or going under bridges, I tend to punch the gas just to put a smile on my face.

On that note, I drive a lifted XJ and I really like the Compass, I think it would fit the bill for a nice DD for those of us with less practical rigs. Trust me, this isn't the best vehicle for my 6 hour trip to school.

JKS Adj. Trackbar, ARB Bumper, Warn M8000, Bushwackers, FM50, Rusty's intake, Mastercraft Rubicon Seating, Kicker L7, PPI PCX 1500, Infinity Reference Components, Duplicolor Underbody/Wheelwells, Herculined rockers, Optima Red Top, Riddler D30 Diff Cover
FernGreenXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2007, 09:51 AM   #18
compassjeep

update on fitment issues

magnaflow is working on the fitment issues, need to tweak a few bends, will let everyone know how it turns out.
Unread 03-06-2007, 07:27 PM   #19
g3cko
2011 JK Wrangler 

Great to see some NJ people on this thread.
g3cko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2007, 06:27 AM   #20
compassjeep

update

still waiting , was told by end of month (march) would have redesigned cat-back ready.
Unread 05-31-2007, 06:13 PM   #21
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

plan on ordering the magnaflow exhaust next week, and getting it put in probably the following week
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2007, 06:20 PM   #22
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

I wanna hear some sound clips when you actually get it put on! Nobody seems to want to do them...
Unread 06-01-2007, 11:16 AM   #23
pillzny

I definitely want to hear a sound clip. Hopefully when Magnaflow's done tweaking it, they'll finally add a sound clip
pillzny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #24
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

something came up and i probably wont get around to the magnaflow exhaust ordered/installed for a few weeks now
Unread 06-04-2007, 06:59 AM   #25
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compassjeep
i have a call into magnaflow about the fitment problems, overall a good exhaust, could not feel any performance improvements. will see if it helps with the mileage.

has there been any improvement with performance?
Unread 07-11-2007, 08:03 AM   #26
Jason31

Any update on this? Sound, performance, fit, reliability, rust, etc?
Unread 07-13-2007, 06:52 PM   #27
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

still havent had time to have it done
Unread 12-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #28
pillzny

Bringing this post back to life for anyone that's still interested. I just installed my Magnaflow exhaust and do love it.

Regarding fitment, opposite of compassjeep's experience, I find mine to be too long. My pipe is about 2 inches past the bumper than i'd prefer. The box said it was for the Dodge Caliber 2.0, 2.4 AWD. I'm going to try messing with the pipes this weekend to see if I can better adjust it to my likings over the weekend.

Regarding sound, I think it's perfect. I cant really hear it at all in the truck other than the start up or shut down sound. Humms a little in really low revs.

Regarding performance, I for sure see a difference but am not sure if it is due to the combination of the exhaust and K&N Filter. The filter itself sounds louder but not too sure if it makes a difference alone... if so not much. The two together... yes. I grew to accept the little hesitation the truck would do before. Now with the two, it doesnt any more. Picks up quicker off the start.

Regarding gas, I do see a difference from my normal 17.7ish to 20.7ish. But then again, I also replaced my 20inch wheels with my stock ones for the winter.
pillzny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.