Compass 2010 Headlight - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass 2010 Headlight

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-21-2010, 03:08 AM   #1
GlennH917

Compass 2010 Headlight

Noticed this yesterday after I was inspecting my car as someone nearly reversed into me on a road. Anyway, inside my headlights I guess it's called the lamp? The part that the light shines onto that has all the ribs on it. Well I noticed quite a bit of flaking or missing silver paint in it. It seems to be solely concentrated in the left headlight in the bottom right area of it. Is this just a random occurrence? Easily fixable? I am only annoyed because it is a new car, I didn't expect something like that to happen.? Anyway just curious. It isn't horrible I am just one of those people that likes things nice and neat. Since I noticed it I will always notice it too. I also don't want this to be a problem that will grow, as I have no idea why it even happened? Thanks

-Glenn

GlennH917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 05:59 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Is it the reflector? In something as new as a 2010 model I would have it replaced under warranty. Sounds like a bad plating job that should be covered.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
GlennH917

Yes, it is. I called the dealership. I guess I got them after hours but I told them the issue and how I wanted it replaced.
GlennH917 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compass , headlight , mk , patriot , reflector

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.