Compass 2010 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass 2010

Custom Axle Work at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear Bumper

Unread 08-10-2010, 02:08 AM   #1
GlennH917

Compass 2010

Hey everyone, just bit the bullet and bought my first Jeep today. I got a new, well lot new, Jeep Compass 2010 Latitude. Due to the lateness of me getting it I could not have a factory made one, but I did test drive this and the Patriot. I originally wanted the Patriot, but once I gave the Compass a swing, I loved it more. The one I got has a little more too it then I originally intended, but overall I am happy. I got the sunroof, audio speaker package. It also came with remote start, and heated seats. I have never had any of those aspects to a car, other than a sunroof. I only really looked at these considering my grandfather worked for Chrysler and I got the EP pricing. So I got 2k off and wound up paying 22 for it with all taxes and fees included. I opted for the 0% financing also. My thing is now, what do the Compass drivers say? I mean I only test drove it, looked it over. I liked the features it had it in. Is there anything that I should be concerned about really pertaining to them? I read reviews online and looked around at what people said, as always it was mixed. My first impression was good though. How is the MPG on it though, is it as stickered? I heard some people saying they were getting 30 Highway.? I am really looking forward to getting it, they are prepping it and I will have it in a day. Thanks! I look forward to probably time consuming forum I will be frequenting now. =)

-Glenn

GlennH917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I still enjoy mine after 55K miles and 4 years. The early ones seem to have had some front end component problems that have been worked out, the sunroof doesn't leak like some of the early Patriots and the "A" pillars are quite large and you have to look around them to be safe. The interior of the 2010 appears to have been refined over the earlier ones so enjoy!

and to the group!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #3
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

Sounds like you did alright! Especially with the 0% financing! I have a 2008 and still love mine!
howdy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
GlennH917

Ha, sure glad to know the roof doesn't leak. I am excited I can't wait till I pick it up tomorrow. Thanks everyone e
Unread 08-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
AZ_Compass
2010 MK Compass 

Just got mine last night (8/11)! Test drove Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Caliber, and Journey. Came down to the Compass or Journey, but the shifting on the Compass was so much better and I don't feel like a soccer dad.

Got stone white with an auto-tranny since I drive bumper-to-bumper to & from work. AZ inventory on Compass is limited so had to go with manual windows & locks. All local dealers only had Compass with auto tran + manual windows & locks, or manual tran + power windows & locks. Odd, but really most everyone here only cares about a/c! Test drove both manual & auto - decided even though I was going with a Jeep, it was time to go auto. Was almost tempted to contact a dealer in Detroit to order one the way I wanted it, but I'll deal with cranking the windows & reaching over to lock the doors until I can get them converted.

My dad's a retiree from Chrysler, but got an even better deal on my Compass that had 10 miles (mostly from my test drive) that was in dealer inventory since the start of the year! Luckily the top of the line warranty is cheap for employees though! True bumper-to-bumper for 72 mos at much less than what they sell it to the average Joe.

Driving to work this morning was an amazing ride. Can't wait to get her on the road this weekend to head up north!
AZ_Compass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

guys and enjoy your rides. Agreed, Phoenix traffic sucks and Tucson isn't much better anymore. The A/C's great in these things and doesn't really kill the mpg. ENJOY!!

AZ Compass - you going to Flag? You'll get a kick out the the down hill mpg. Mine got up to about 39 if I remimber right.

Unread 08-13-2010, 12:45 AM   #7
GlennH917

Just broke 100 miles. Packed my Compass up, gonna break it in by taking it on a few hour ride for vacation at some highway driving. I was told that's the best way, and someone also said at 700 miles get the oil changed. Never heard that, but wondering if thats the way to do it?
Unread 08-13-2010, 06:19 AM   #8
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I broke mine in varying the speed for the first 500 miles or so. My first oil change was at 3K miles in Albuquerque heading for Tucson.

That 700 mile oil change sounds like a hold over from the oil days when they used non-detergent from the factory. Much cleaner assembly conditions now and the 5W-20 oil is a partial synthetic, don't waste you money going by that recommendation.

Unread 08-15-2010, 02:02 AM   #9
TheDustMan
2007 KJ Liberty 

A Compass isn't a Jeep! ~nya! Just kidding with you! welcome to the forums and don't forget to wave I almost bought one because I used to work for a Jeep dealership, but they sold me off of it and I bought my '07 Dakota instead. I actually think I would have liked the Compass better.
TheDustMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2010, 06:29 PM   #10
GlennH917

I just got back from the shore. The car performed very well, comfortable ride and just washed it up when I got back, took off all that sand. I put a few hundred miles on it tho. =/

I did have an issue later though with the key. I know someone else on here had an issue similar in the Patriot. I I couldn't get the keys out of the ignition when it was in park. So I had to turn it back on put it in reverse, then drive, shut it off and they came out. Other than that I love the car so far. Glad I bought a jeep honestly.
Unread 10-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #11
Res6cue
2009 JK Wrangler 

My wife and I bought our 2nd Jeep on Thursday night. I have a JKU 4 door Sahara and now she has a 2010 Compass Latitude with almost all the bells & whistles. If you look at the bill of sale, she even got a FabFour Lifestyle Triple Hoop Grill Guard Winch Bumper included at 0% financing. I really hope she lets me put the bumper on my JK and not on the Compass. If I could get the picture to load I would show you the Compass with the bumper.

Res6cue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 06:59 PM   #12
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Thank YOU!! That looks TOUGH!!!

Unread 11-01-2010, 08:17 AM   #13
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

LOL nice photo-chop Res6cue! I bought my compass 08 Compass in Jan 09... still lovin it! She's got 18k her
Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 , compass , mpg , new owner

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.