Click in Steering/TPMS/Sirius/Gas Tank - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Click in Steering/TPMS/Sirius/Gas Tank

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 11-23-2007, 07:26 AM   #1
blockisle9

Click in Steering/TPMS/Sirius/Gas Tank

For all you smart people out there, I was wondering if you have any information or advice on a few issues my Moms 2007 Jeep Compass with 1500 miles on it has been having.
The issues are:

* The tire pressure warning light comes on and off. (There is 30psi in all tires including the spare)

* There seems to be clicking in the steering wheel when turned left and right.

* Since Yesterday the Sirius Radio wont tune to channel 74-60 or so. Its not like there's no signal the tuner just jumps past 73

She made an appointment with Jeep, but Id like to check hear also, these boards have allot of helpful info.
Ive been helped out allot with my Escape over at Escape-Central
Thanks in advance for your input
Lenny

blockisle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2007, 07:33 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockisle9
For all you smart people out there, I was wondering if you have any information or advice on a few issues my Moms 2007 Jeep Compass with 1500 miles on it has been having.
The issues are:

* The tire pressure warning light comes on and off. (There is 30psi in all tires including the spare)

* There seems to be clicking in the steering wheel when turned left and right.

* Since Yesterday the Sirius Radio wont tune to channel 74-60 or so. Its not like there's no signal the tuner just jumps past 73

She made an appointment with Jeep, but Id like to check hear also, these boards have allot of helpful info.
Ive been helped out allot with my Escape over at Escape-Central
Thanks in advance for your input
Lenny
I run Tire pressure 35 Lbs COLD. If the pressure drops below about 30 over night the warning will come on and go off after driving because of friction warm up.

The clicking I would take to the dealer. Is it similar to this? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/ticking-sound-coming-under-steering-column-340121/ or http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/creaky-steering-nose-low-speed-331179/

Some people have had to call the Sirius phone number to get the proper help. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/sirius-radio-463498/

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2007, 10:08 AM   #3
Matthew1785

my steering wheel clicks too but not often but maybe one a week I'm will question it during my first oil change, also going to question the sluggishness of the transmission the car feels slower then when I first bought it and its eating up gas like crazy
Matthew1785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
Matthew1785

Im seriously getting tired of only getting 283 Miles to the tank.. i seriously think something is wrong with this car, im not gunning it nor have a heavy foot... is this normal? the car feels sluggish is got about 2300 miles on it now, tire pressure is 35 lbs on all 4 tires, it hasnt seen its first oil change yet. even though its a 2008 couldnt it still have TSB's from 2007 i mean the car was built in 07? for cryin out loud

I seriously think im going to take the car to the dealership for the clicking sound, the poor gas milage and the sluggishness of this car, when i bought it, i was impressed now im just pissed off

/rant off
Unread 11-24-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Are you putting in about 11 gals @ 283 miles, that's 25MPG, not bad for not being broken in yet. Do you have FWD or 4WD; CVT or 5 Spd? Since you'll be at the dealer certainly have the dealer check things out.

Unread 11-25-2007, 09:02 AM   #6
Matthew1785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Are you putting in about 11 gals @ 283 miles, that's 25MPG, not bad for not being broken in yet. Do you have FWD or 4WD; CVT or 5 Spd? Since you'll be at the dealer certainly have the dealer check things out.
why yes, i believe i am, when the low fuel light comes on, i have 2 gallons correct? so i guess 25 mpg isnt all that bad.. it just seems alot less... i have FWD..

how can i tell if my car was affected by these recall's VIN #? just because my car is a 08 couldnt it still be affected? i did buy the car in 07 and god knows how long its been sitting in the dealer lot and whats the the difference between CVT and CVT2, is the rallye edition considered a MK model?

I would be so irritated if the car wasnt so damn slow off the line and didnt feel like i wasnt going anywhere, and i dont mean by heavy footing it either, it feels slow period, im almost tempted to let the fiance drive it and i drive the mustang hehe
Unread 11-25-2007, 09:15 AM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew1785
why yes, i believe i am, when the low fuel light comes on, i have 2 gallons correct? so i guess 25 mpg isn't all that bad.. it just seems a lot less... i have FWD..
Right! There are many of us that wish we had a larger tank, like a 15 gal or so. Your mileage will probably increase some what as you get more miles on it.

Quote:
how can i tell if my car was affected by these recalls VIN #? just because my car is a 08 couldn't it still be affected? i did buy the car in 07 and god knows how long its been sitting in the dealer lot and whats the the difference between CVT and CVT2, is the rallye edition considered a MK model?
Actually it's a TBS not a recall. It only applies to those build on or before April of 2007. Look on the drivers door pillar and you'll find the actual production date. There is only the CVT2 and 2L. The 2L is in the Patriot FD II off road package. I get lazy and don't type in the "2", sorry! I would still tell them about it, it may be caused by something else. The Compass Rallye is still an MK 49.

Quote:
I would be so irritated if the car wasn't so damn slow off the line and didn't feel like i wasn't going anywhere, and i don't mean by heavy footing it either, it feels slow period, I'm almost tempted to let the fiance drive it and i drive the mustang he he
Most people find that things change as you adapt to the CVT2. Don't worry about your rpm's shooting up, they are supposed too. That's the whole idea behind the CVT's.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.