Chrysler announces Dodge Caliber, Jeep Compass recall 2007 models - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Chrysler announces Dodge Caliber, Jeep Compass recall 2007 models

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #1
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

Chrysler announces Dodge Caliber, Jeep Compass recall 2007 models

Chrysler to recall 25,000 Dodge Caliber and Jeep Compass vehicles over sticky gas pedals - latimes.com

Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Never any problems with mine. Build date 06/06.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2010, 07:13 PM   #3
Delaware4x4
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The thing that I never understood about the Toyota issues with acceleration was- "Why don't those people just tap on the break slightly and pop it in neutral?" This was my reaction to every news story about runaway Toyotas. People just flip out I guess and can't think in a high stress situation.
White Jeep Club Member #74
Delaware4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #4
unibus
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaware4x4 View Post
The thing that I never understood about the Toyota issues with acceleration was- "Why don't those people just tap on the break slightly and pop it in neutral?" This was my reaction to every news story about runaway Toyotas. People just flip out I guess and can't think in a high stress situation.
I agree, I just can't understand why people don't just put it in neutral.... I know it wouldn't be good for the engine but if I can't control the car to bad for the engine. I assume you are correct that panic sets in and people don't think. But never being in that situation myself you can only hope you would react as you think you would. Since mine is an early build I might just get to find out.
unibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #5
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibus View Post
I agree, I just can't understand why people don't just put it in neutral.... I know it wouldn't be good for the engine but if I can't control the car to bad for the engine. I assume you are correct that panic sets in and people don't think. But never being in that situation myself you can only hope you would react as you think you would. Since mine is an early build I might just get to find out.
they dont make lifetime powertrain warranties for nothing blow it up, we dont care
Unread 06-06-2010, 09:39 PM   #6
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Hmmm, has never been an issue with mine. Build date: May, 2007. Pray that none of us has to find out what it's like to be in such a situation.

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
fortuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 07:40 AM   #7
Zappy
2007 MK Compass 

Just got my notice in the mail yesterday. My build date is 04/06. The question becomes is it worth the gamble to not get it done and hope the problem never pops up, or take it in and hope it gets fixed with one trip to the dealer.
Zappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 08:13 AM   #8
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Zappy - you have an earlier production date than me! I did run into an early problem, not a recall, of the thottle position sensors "breaking". This came up when I had the MIL light come on. The light went away by the time the part came in so I never had the work done. "If it ain't broke (by now) don't fix it". Also if you've had the later programming update (if it was a computer problem) then it's probably already been fixed. Just my

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #9
wesleyd
2009 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delaware4x4 View Post
Had an old VW Jetta that the throttle cable stuck while on the highway didn't notice until I went for the off ramp. I just popped it in neutral and turned the engine off took about 1 second mind you the steering and braking were a little harder but I safely stopped it and unstuck the cable and was on my way in a few minutes. Not sure why people in the Toyota's can't do this as well, I understand they can't unstick the cable as there is none. People can't handle stress and just give up.
wesleyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compass , compass recall , recall

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.