Chrome Grille Overlay (Compass) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Chrome Grille Overlay (Compass)

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-19-2007, 09:28 AM   #16
ChadJK
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrillz
I picked up a 20 foot roll of interior/exterior chrome molding at Autozone for $11.99. The trim is a 1/4" and uses 3M adhesive. All I had to do was cut each strip and apply them. Took about 20 minutes to do. I ended up using the entire 20 foot roll with about 10" leftover. I've put on about 500 miles with them on and took a 4 hour drive in the rain back to school and they're still staying on pretty strongly.
If it survives several automatic car washes and below-freezing winter temps without peeling, then I'll definitely consider doing it. I would just hate to do it to discover than when it got to -5 degrees outside the stuff fell off, or when it baked in the summer at 100+ degrees it peeled off, or falls off the first time a car wash brush hits it. Not all adhesive tapes are created equal.

I though about just removing the stock black plastic grill inserts, sanding and prepping, and then painting them chrome. Or, more expensively, sending them in to be professionally chromed.

ChadJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #17
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadJK
...... Or, more expensively, sending them in to be professionally chromed.
excellent idea.....but i would recommend that you just PURCHASE an extra 'insert' from your dealership, have it professionally 'chromed' and then install it. this way you won't be without a grille insert and you'll have a 'spare' in case it doesn't work out......i don't have access to the EPC right now (i'm at home....YES!!!), but i can't imagine that this grille insert is much $$.

just a thought.......
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.