Check Engine Light/Other Issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Check Engine Light/Other Issues

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 03-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #1
Mistyfate

Check Engine Light/Other Issues

So today when I went to use my remote start(Jeep installed), nothing happened. I figured that maybe it was some electrical gremlin...just a fluke. I start my jeep and the "airbag" warning light comes on (I'm not sure if that is the correct name for the light or not...it is the one to the left of the seatbelt light). I was buckled in and I did not have anything on my passenger seat. Then I noticed that the check engine light was lit.

So far: remote start not working, airbag light, check engine light.

While driving...I notice that the truck is not accelerating correctly (not a lot of acceleration for a hard pedal push). The vehicle is not switching gears the way it normally does either. I try the select a shift...to try to change the gears myself...and it does not respond at all (shift wise or recognition on the instrument cluster).

Now we have: remote start not working, airbag light on, check engine light on, truck not accelerating correctly, and select a shift is not working.

I continue to drive...I notice that when i take my foot OFF the gas, my jeep continues to pick up speed (on flat road or on hill) - this further proves to me that there is something wrong with the trans gearing...only gearing down as well as up.

Now we have: remote start not working, airbag light on, check engine light on, truck not accelerating...OR decelerating properly, select a shift not working.

As I drive...I notice that my speedometer is reading way higher than I feel and think I am going (about 10MPH)

so even the speedo is not working.

Needless to say...the truck is heading to get fixed...

has anyone else had a similar problem???? I hope that it is something with the computer zonking out...but who knows!

Mistyfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2008, 06:58 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I wonder if those jokers who messed with the "carbon build up" screwed up something else? Certainly sounds electrical and the scan tool should find the fault pretty quickly. Are you going to be able to take it to a different dealer?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2008, 08:31 PM   #3
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

i have my airbag light pop on for a bit then off every now and then...i don't know why? all the other problems...i've never had tho!
patrick3319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
Mistyfate

Since I needed an immediate fix....same old dealer.

Turned out to be the fuse in the main fuse box.

All better now
Mistyfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Well that's good news. An easy fix once you find it! Sometimes I'm happy when I'm wrong!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.