Changing Plugs in Compass? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Changing Plugs in Compass?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!KOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Unread 07-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #16
Zappy
2007 MK Compass 

The only things that I noticed that were reset, were the radio settings. The EVIC did not appear to have been touched by the power outage.

Again, I can't be certain that the drop in efficiency I reported was due to my not disconnecting the battery before doing the plugs. All I am going by is the timing. That was the last thing that I did to the Compass before I noticed the drop in mileage. Disconnecting the battery this past Sunday may have reset something else that could have been the culprit. I'm waiting until I fill up this coming Thursday and run that tank of gas through to see what kind of mileage I get then.

Zappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #17
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

anyone upgrade their plugs from the OEM's to platinums or iridiums?

if so did you notice any performance differences? and what plugs did you go with

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #18
Zappy
2007 MK Compass 

I did the swap over to the Iridiums. Still waiting to see the overall effect, though initially I seem to see better fuel economy when I drive. No real difference in any power to me, but then I'm more concerned with mpg then rpm at the moment...
Unread 07-22-2008, 01:50 PM   #19
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

Which Iridiums did you use? NGK's?

*thinks maybe he just needs to wander off to Zappy's post about changing plugs*

Unread 07-22-2008, 07:14 PM   #20
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Another thread on NGK Iridium plugs. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/ngk-iridium-plugs-567229/

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #21
ups4
2008 KK Liberty 

Argent33,

I just used Autolite Double Platinums.

Everything I've read and been told is that the iridiums aren't worth the difference they afford. I can't say if this is true first hand or not....just what I've heard.

Paul
ups4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2008, 05:20 AM   #22
Zappy
2007 MK Compass 

Argent33, Yes they were the NGK Iridiums. I can't say for sure if any increase in performance is directly related to them however since at the same time I switched the plugs, I also switched the oil to full synthetic Amsoil along with changing the air filter over to a K&N lifetime filter and topped out my tire pressure in all 4 tires at 40psi. For having done all of that, I have only noticed an average of maybe 1.5 - 1.75 mpg difference compared to where I was before I did all of that. With the price of gas I know that every little bit of mileage gain helps, but I can see where maybe a less expensive plug could provide that same nominal boost so far.

Regarding radio stations after disconnecting the battery. This morning I noticed that the Sirius channels seemed to have stayed set, it was only the normal am/fm band stations that I needed to reset as well as the time.
Unread 07-23-2008, 05:38 AM   #23
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

Hmm - I've always been a fan of the Bosch plugs (ran the Platinum +4's in my Neon) and I see they have something called Platinum Ir Fusion plugs that are supposed to be better than OEM iridium plugs. Maybe I'll try those....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.