changed the cvt fluid in my 2007 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > changed the cvt fluid in my 2007

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 09-10-2012, 02:54 AM   #1
ronjr8102
2007 MK Compass 

changed the cvt fluid in my 2007

So I finally got around to changing the tranny fluidin my 2007. It went very easy just like a regular tranny. I dropped the pan slowly to let it drain into a pan so I could measure it. I didn't spill one drop. I replaced the filter also easy just 3 bolts. Cleaned the 2 magnets in the pan, cleaned the gasket surfaces and reinstalled the pan. I measured exactly 5 1/2 qts. I poured it in, ran the car for 5 mins, shifted thru the gears a bunch of times and used the special OEM dipstickand graphand it was within spec.So I took it on a 5 min test drive. No unusual noises just nice and smooth. Check fluid level again and it rose a little from the heat and looked perfect. I don't see why people are so afraid to do this and pay extra from the dealership. Drove it to work tonight and drove mint. I only paid a total of $125 for the fluid and filter. I just love eBay and RockAuto.

ronjr8102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Whose fluid did you use? I'm a fan of ebay and RockAuto too.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
jasonwe
2012 MK Compass 

The CVTs don't have filters you need to change?
[I]4.7L V8, 545RFE, Big Horn Edition[/I]
jasonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
NHPATRIOT
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwe View Post
The CVTs don't have filters you need to change?
Yes they do. Check out your 2012 Compass owner's manual and read the 64,000 and 120,000 mile services in the back under the maintenance schedules.
Active Drive I
NHPATRIOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
ronjr8102
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Whose fluid did you use? I'm a fan of ebay and RockAuto too.
It was Mopar CVT+4. Some Hyundai dealership had a bunch from a closeout sale. I paid $64 for a gallon and $37 for 2 1 quart bottles.
ronjr8102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #6
carlsonr

32 a gallon or 8 bucks a quart is what youll find on amazon. fluid and filter can be done for less than sixty bucks. my local jeep dealer wanted 120 a gallon lol when I laughed at them they said you don't have a choice, its a dealer only item, it was worth the 5 mile drive to go back and show them the amazon receipt. and don't waste money on their dipstick. use any dip stick on any of your other vehicles, just make sure it inserts all the way and bottoms out on the pan, all your interested in is the depth measurement from pan to fluid level on stick anywhere from 1.75 to 2 inches is fine or you can find there chart with temperature fluid depth graph.
carlsonr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.