Central Locking / deadlock Question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-24-2015, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
junkieball

Central Locking / deadlock Question

Ok so i lock my 2011 patriot with the fob as normal as i walked away from car i hear an extremely load grinding noise. I know the car normal makes a noise when the deadlocks engage but this grinding noise is well over and above this. It sounds like it's coming from the rear nearside. Anyone had problems with their locks or any suggestions what could cause this.

It was fine yesterday the only different today i guess is the weather has started to turn and is wetter.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-24-2015, 08:13 AM
jacko15
2014 WK 

Could be the solenoid in the driver's side rear door. If there's a short, it could be cycling back and forth and making a racket. Just a guess.

Hers: 2008 Jeep Compass Sport
Mine: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V/6 ORA II
Michelin LTX M/S 2's
post #3 of 4 Old 10-25-2015, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
junkieball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
Could be the solenoid in the driver's side rear door. If there's a short, it could be cycling back and forth and making a racket. Just a guess.

Thanks for the thought I have soaked the locking mechanism in a silicon spray which has seemed to have sorted at the moments I I'm guessing something was ceasing up.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-26-2015, 09:09 AM
JeepCares
FCA Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkieball View Post
Ok so i lock my 2011 patriot with the fob as normal as i walked away from car i hear an extremely load grinding noise. I know the car normal makes a noise when the deadlocks engage but this grinding noise is well over and above this. It sounds like it's coming from the rear nearside. Anyone had problems with their locks or any suggestions what could cause this.

It was fine yesterday the only different today i guess is the weather has started to turn and is wetter.
Hey junkieball,

TSB 23-036-13 may relate to your vehicle:

SUBJECT:
Noisy Side Windows
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves cleaning and lubricating the window to regulator attachment point.
MODELS:
2007-2012 (PM) Caliber
2007-2013 (MK) Compass/Patriot
NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before April 8, 2013 (MDH
0408XX).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
During cycling of the side window(s) especially at full up stall, creak or squeak noises may
be heard. Condition may be intermittent due to rain and/or vehicle washing. Vehicle
owners in dusty environments may experience this issue more. Noise is caused by dust
trapped between glass and window regulator lift plate.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.