Capabilit of the Compass (with action pic) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Capabilit of the Compass (with action pic)

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #16
IVIYTH0S
1993 XJ Cherokee 

i like this because it is sort of like the new cherokee, i dont believe the liberty counts because it doesnt seem as crazy like this does plus it reminded me too much of the new dodge durango which i hate as well, personally i think bringing back the XJ would be great and maybe a more efficient and strong 4.0 because that engine is such an artwork, they should try to track down AMC engineers and work with them to create the perfect clash of old fashioned jeepness and modern standards/comforts, plus after seeing the video of a liberty go up a very flat hill and then smoke, fall down and then they find it's transmission on the ground proves to me that they dont deserve to wear any cherokee kind of titles because only a real cherokee can perform like one, and as for the wrangler love (the wave from a wrangler to a wrangler) shouldnt be discontinued but come on guys at least wave at us XJ's we can do atleast equally as much if not more (we got you on the road) so it would be nice if you acknowledge us as Jeeps too!

IVIYTH0S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 01:10 AM   #17
BlaineWasHere
BecauseRacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky529
I don't see anything wrong with it. It will sell, money is made, end of story. You can still have your Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee...whatever, doesn't mean you have to go out and buy a Compass (or even like it) just because it falls under the Jeep umbrella.

Agreed. Completly.
Unread 07-19-2006, 06:42 PM   #18
Fouros
2004 KJ Liberty 

sorry to say dude KJ's are Cherokee's in europe and Australia

oh and they dont break at the first sight of dirt

Last time i looked my KJ Cherokee had a big JEEP on the Hood

as far a s the compas is concerned i will reserve my judgment untill i get a chance to drive one and see how it performs, because its all great to crap all over it without actually driving it but who has actually driven one to give us a REAL opinion

my .02c
Fouros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 10:40 PM   #19
Pattonsky

Compass or Patriot

I personally am growing fond of the Patriot design in terms of someone with changing consumer habits. If you haven't noticed, my sig shows the obvious that I am a lifetime Jeep enthusiast along with my family. Up until I read these few threads, I was considering a Subaru for my next car because I recently graduated college and there is a big chance that I will be traveling quite a bit. No XJ, TJ, YJ, or current Jeep has the ability to get mileage (Especially with gas passing 3 bucks a gallon today) like the Patriot or Compass and still remain in my budget. True, it isn't gonna forge water and rocks like my XJ or YJ but it will sure be nice to keep that Jeep logo on my hood in the daily rigors of a college graduate attempting to make it in the real world. Give it a few months or years and maybe a Patriot will be added to my sig. (Granted, I can expand the garage)

Peace
1987 []lllll[] XJ Cherokee Chief 2 door
1995 ()lllll() YJ Rio Grande
Pattonsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2006, 10:14 PM   #20
TheDuke05

I am looking into the compass for the wife. Will it go everywhere my TJ goes, no. Does it have 4 wheel drive, yes. Will it get my wife home in the snow, probably. I don't expect it do be a beast offroad, but I do think Jeep makes a quality vehicle at a fair price and its made in the USA. Comparing the Compass to any of the "J's" is apples and oranges.

Sold my Jeep earlier this year. Kinda miss it but I love my Infiniti.
TheDuke05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2006, 10:28 PM   #21
severous01

i love the look and general design of the caliber. i wouldnt mind a turbo option like the SRT-4 or even an SRT-6 option in that little thing. but definitely not fwd. it'd have to be awd with a true 4x4 option or rear with 4x4. and at least solid rear...no IRS. they're doing pretty good with the IFS recently so i dont think i'd mind so much as long as kits are cheap...and at least available for fitting 31's.

i was surprised with my cherokee. performance in general, cheap parts, robust design, comfort, and mileage of a 6 cyl SUV. it's a perfectg design for an SUV or grocery getter.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2006, 05:47 PM   #22
IVIYTH0S
1993 XJ Cherokee 

yeah cherokees are the best, im not just saying that because i have one but they really are so different from wrangles or comanches because i had a comanche and ive been in wranglers i was only impressed with the comanche not the wrangler
IVIYTH0S is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2006, 03:12 PM   #23
woody-77
Vulcan FTW

2007 FSJ Cherokee 

My Mustang could make it through that sand......

Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2006, 08:02 PM   #24
Chrispycj8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape
. I have looked at the subarus and liked them but not enough to buy a foreign car. The Compass or patriot will fill my need just fine.
er.. DAIMLER chrysler *IS* a foriegn car.
Chrispycj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2006, 02:08 AM   #25
rockon1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03jeeper78
If the wave is dying, it's because the people who buy all these grocery getter, soccer mom models don't have a clue about the "Jeep Thing". I'll send you 100 bucks the first time someone in a compass waves at me in my TJ.
I never had any WJ's, XJ's, KJ's, etc wave at me when I was in my TJ.
rockon1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2006, 12:03 AM   #26
cherokee xj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

What's kind of really funny is that just last week, I saw an AWD volvo station wagon with a turtle top cargo carrier on top do the exact same thing on the outer banks! No lie! They did get stuck trying to get over the dune to go to their million dollar beach house, but they eventually made it up! Compass? mehhhh... I'm waiting to see the rescue.
Unread 08-02-2006, 01:38 PM   #27
twinjeep97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

im just dissapointed that Jeep decided to build the compass. I thought Jeep made rugged off-road type suvs/trucks. Who knows maybe next year Jeep will come out with a car....
Green 97' TJ Wrangler. 32x11.5 Dunlop Mud Rovers. 2 KC Daylighters/Smile Covers. 2 Hella Off-road Fog lights. Stainless Taillight guards. Smittybilt Rock Crawler SRC front Bumper, 2 Silver WARN Towhooks.
*New* 2" BDS Suspension Lift
twinjeep97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 05:59 PM   #28
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

DC is just going retro again. Didn't Willys, a car company make the Jeep? DC is just going back to its roots and makeing a "different" kind of fun mobile. Suits me just fine. Does a '41 Willys coupe count as my first Jeep??
Next I'll learn how to use spell check more better
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 11:01 PM   #29
JBassXJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVIYTH0S
i like this because it is sort of like the new cherokee, i dont believe the liberty counts because it doesnt seem as crazy like this does plus it reminded me too much of the new dodge durango which i hate as well, personally i think bringing back the XJ would be great and maybe a more efficient and strong 4.0 because that engine is such an artwork, they should try to track down AMC engineers and work with them to create the perfect clash of old fashioned jeepness and modern standards/comforts, plus after seeing the video of a liberty go up a very flat hill and then smoke, fall down and then they find it's transmission on the ground proves to me that they dont deserve to wear any cherokee kind of titles because only a real cherokee can perform like one, and as for the wrangler love (the wave from a wrangler to a wrangler) shouldnt be discontinued but come on guys at least wave at us XJ's we can do atleast equally as much if not more (we got you on the road) so it would be nice if you acknowledge us as Jeeps too!
heh... not ranting, flaming, but bursting a bubble (or two)

For one... just cuz the KJ might be called a cherokee in europe or australia doesn't mean it's earned it's badge. The XJ cherokee has proven itself from it's long years of being out there and has sooo completely earned not only uniqueness, but also plain out-right ruggedness in the fact that it can do more then most other stock SUV's out there w/ a 4x4 option. The KJ has a long ways to (in my opinion) to proving itself as capable, rugged, whateva in order to truly live up to the name "cherokee" as it's called in other parts of the world. I've driven one off-road, and didn't like it at all, so I'm not bashing it as this might be taken as. Since it's still relatively young on the scene of jeep history it has some time to further prove itself so hopefully the older members in the jeeping community can stop bashing it!

As for the cherokee coming back out.... Maybe (big maybe) later in the not-so-present future they might decide to make a smaller version of the commander (doubt it the way things are going) but I highly doubt they'd slap the 4.0 and all that in there... the cherokee worked for a while, got sales in, but couldn't compete w/ what other suv's were offering. More and more were buying suv's and using them more on pavement and not just plain everywhere... thus the cherokee's demise.

As for the compass... I saw a commercial on it... reminded me of dodge's new lil' thingamajiger they got out, but none-the-less I like it. I know later on in life as I (hopefully) make more money and my XJ gets older I'll have to be lookin' into a DD, and the compass might replace my want of a WRX...

So since this has been a longer post then necessary, in other words, I like the compass. If it can actually perform off pavement or somethin, I'll be happy w/ w/e it can do, cuz I'm not expecting much out of it (not in a bad way, just not keeping my hopes up for anything...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake
Pics or ban.
JBassXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2006, 09:11 AM   #30
table
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampsmopar
DC is just going retro again. Didn't Willys, a car company make the Jeep? DC is just going back to its roots and makeing a "different" kind of fun mobile. Suits me just fine. Does a '41 Willys coupe count as my first Jeep??
Next I'll learn how to use spell check more better
You the first Compass owner on here? If so, congrats! I saw my first one yesterday in Washington, DC. Was dark blue.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.