Capabilit of the Compass (with action pic) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Capabilit of the Compass (with action pic)

Black Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 06-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
Rush
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Capabilit of the Compass (with action pic)

Want a story about the Comapss and its capability?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc

I only have one thing to say.......

ALL YOU DOUBTIN, COMPASS HATIN', "JEEP IS RUINING THEIR BRAND IMAGE" NAY SAYERS CAN KISS MAH BIG PAHOOKIE!

Thats Jeeps idea a family car right there boys. Rubicon? No...it'll never see the rubicon, just like me, but thats one kick *** grocery getter. I just found my next daily driver.

PS yes the subject is mispelled, I was excited..sue me grammar nazi's.......

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2006, 04:04 PM   #2
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Jeep should definitely call that thing "Rally Rated" (and then actually run it in the WRC).
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2006, 08:03 PM   #3
Rush
1988 XJ Cherokee 

My guess is that if WRC is on the plate, it wil be a year or two. I imagine they want to see how the car does, sells, etc...
Unread 06-12-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
reelrebel18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
Want a story about the Comapss and its capability?

I only have one thing to say.......

ALL YOU DOUBTIN, COMPASS HATIN', "JEEP IS RUINING THEIR BRAND IMAGE" NAY SAYERS CAN KISS MAH BIG PAHOOKIE!

Thats Jeeps idea a family car right there boys. Rubicon? No...it'll never see the rubicon, just like me, but thats one kick *** grocery getter. I just found my next daily driver.
big friggin whoop it can throw sand just the kind of pic bthat every one needs to see so they will go tear it up and get our beaches closed (end rant) i mean i know its a jeep but its more like a rally car than a real jeep which should have a real 4x4 system and solid axles nkot awd and ifs
[url]http://www.kmaoffroad.com[/url]
reelrebel18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #5
Rush
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Tear it up? They drove that thing home on the interstate, no problems. And as far as throwing sand.....yeah...thats what rally type vehicles do. They throw sand and dust everywhere when they come by you.

I take a pic of any "real Jeep" with sand all up in the air and you guys would be like "Rock on dude!!!" and I could give you the same rebutal. "Oh look..tearin up his wrangler I see....."

The point is, that damn thing is OUT THERE, on the beach.
But whatever. Its to the point now that you guys are going to trash it no matter what, because its not a wrangler. As far as most people around here are concerened, if it isnt a wranger, it should never have been made.

This ought to be WranglerForum.com.

Oh and PS...
"But when things get deeper, steeper and more slippery, Freedom Drive I has a lockable center coupling, giving drivers the option of putting the Compass in four-wheel drive lock mode."

It does have a 4x4 mode, not just selctive AWD.
Unread 06-13-2006, 12:40 PM   #6
CNY
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
.........Im starting to see evidence more and more of the wrangler "elitist" attitude and it really sucks. ........
You're just starting to see the attitude? You must not have spent any time in a:

YJ (when they came out)
XJ (when they came out)
TJ (when they came out)
Liberty (it hasn't stopped)
CNY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2006, 06:31 AM   #7
Rush
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by creature
I think he ment "tear it up" as in tearing up the beach. People who do that get their orv permit torn up and no refunds by park rangers
I see. Either way, I really, REALLY doubt these guys went out doing anything they didnt have previous permission for. The last thing a company like Jeep would want to do is piss off park rangers in places they like to test their vehicles. These guys were being led by guys from Chrysler.
Unread 06-14-2006, 01:08 PM   #8
03jeeper78

Quote:
Im starting to see evidence more and more of the wrangler "elitist" attitude and it really sucks. People wonder why the wave is going away too. [/rant]
If the wave is dying, it's because the people who buy all these grocery getter, soccer mom models don't have a clue about the "Jeep Thing". I'll send you 100 bucks the first time someone in a compass waves at me in my TJ.
BSMCCEP Club Member #45
Stock: 4.0L I6:5-speed:3.07 gears:D35 with Trac-Loc:15x7 Ecco wheels:Dual Top Group
Mods: 30x9.5 BFG A-T T/A KO's:JKS Quicker disconnects:Rock-It Man rocker guards:Jeep Medic oil pan/tranny skid:Kilby steering skid:Warn D30 diff guard:C4x4 D35 diff guard:Rusty's radiator guard:Skid Row LCA skids:SilverStar headlights and fogs:Hidden Hitch class III receiver:Old Realistic 40ch CB:2' Firestik II:Arizona Rocky Road tailgate antenna mount
Next : Jeeperman rear bumper

'06 Candy Orange Honda Shadow Spirit 750
03jeeper78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2006, 06:59 PM   #9
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Well, at least it is off road unlike 90% of the webwheelers here.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2006, 09:08 PM   #10
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I don't see anything wrong with it. It will sell, money is made, end of story. You can still have your Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee...whatever, doesn't mean you have to go out and buy a Compass (or even like it) just because it falls under the Jeep umbrella.

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2006, 06:55 PM   #11
MT3Geiger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thats Jeeps idea a family car right there boys
Thats the problem.

I think most people would go buy an Evo or a Scoobie STI if they wanted a "rally car".

Not flaming you. Just posting my opinion. My hats off to anyone who wheels it.

2" BB, 1" BL, 33x12.5x16 Boggers, Cobra 75, KC 130W slimlights, OR Fab Rock Doors, and some poison spyder diff guards
MT3Geiger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2006, 11:04 PM   #12
tweekedknee

wow, it can play in the sand box.... sorry had to do it.
3" rustys full pack, Rock Krawler tracbar, 31x10.5 Kumho kl71, CIK, dynomax super turbo muffler, IPF h4 conversions, silverstar bulbs, hella 530 fogs, olympic 4x4 rock front bumper, tcase drop, bush hacker flares, OEM tow hook brackets with GM hooks
tweekedknee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2006, 06:19 PM   #13
mindbender
2005 KJ Liberty 

Compass shows the way

Thank Goodness, Chrysler finally has a viable answer to the foreign built things that have dominated the market for much too looooooongg.

Maybe the die hard off roaders will one day recognise it as a "lil brother" that helped get some foreign car lovers to give the American built Jeep brand a second look. There's too damned many foreign sleds wheeling around out there now.

Hey, look at it this way. Any profits that little buggy brings into the corp is profit they can use to improve the next generation of Wranglers, Cherokees, ETC.

I say it was long overdue and I'm durn glad to see it.

Now before you get too upset, I'm the guy who has owned two cherokees and two liberties so I'm not someone new to the Jeep family. I love everyone of them.

It is hilarious watching car drivers slip and slide around behind me as I punch holes through three foot high snow drifts with ease and they are white knuckle wheeling back there trying to keep up. Oh the joy and security of a real Jeep. HEH HEH I love it.

I plan to test drive a compass first chance I get....................
mindbender is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2006, 08:17 PM   #14
Grape Ape
Web Wanker

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I plan on buying either a compass or a patriot as soon as I am able. We currently own 2 Metros one Geo and one Chevy. They get there fair share of use because they are easy on gas. I have looked at the subarus and liked them but not enough to buy a foreign car. The Compass or patriot will fill my need just fine.

Another advantage. While driving the geos i always wave at other jeeps then do the "DOH!!! I'm not in the Jeep headsmack" Now I will be abel to wave even in the gas saving grocery getter. So 03jeeper78 stay out of east tennessee unless you want to part with that $100.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

We've idiot proofed the world... now its full of idiots. - Spiritof76

You will truly be the same today as you will be five years from now, except for two things, the people you meet and the books you read. Charles E. Jones

I think I'll add some memorable quotes. blah blah blah..... FPKites

Trying to understand some people, is like trying to pick up a turd by the clean side.
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2006, 08:35 AM   #15
priell3
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbender
Thank Goodness, Chrysler finally has a viable answer to the foreign built things that have dominated the market for much too looooooongg.

Maybe the die hard off roaders will one day recognise it as a "lil brother" that helped get some foreign car lovers to give the American built Jeep brand a second look. There's too damned many foreign sleds wheeling around out there now.

Hey, look at it this way. Any profits that little buggy brings into the corp is profit they can use to improve the next generation of Wranglers, Cherokees, ETC.

I say it was long overdue and I'm durn glad to see it.

Now before you get too upset, I'm the guy who has owned two cherokees and two liberties so I'm not someone new to the Jeep family. I love everyone of them.

It is hilarious watching car drivers slip and slide around behind me as I punch holes through three foot high snow drifts with ease and they are white knuckle wheeling back there trying to keep up. Oh the joy and security of a real Jeep. HEH HEH I love it.

I plan to test drive a compass first chance I get....................
Very well stated. I had an XJ and now a KJ and a Chrysler Sebring. If I was planning to get another vehicle that was fuel efficient, I'd probably get a Compass. If Jeep came out with them a few years ago, my father probably wouldn't be driving a Subaru. I see alot of people looking at and driving the Caliber, hopefully the Compass will sell good also.
2003 KJ
2000 XJ
priell3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.