CANBUS speed 2011 Pat - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > CANBUS speed 2011 Pat

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
omak
2011 MK Patriot 

CANBUS speed 2011 Pat

Does the 2011 Jeep Patriot have a high or low speed canbus?

I've read some places it is low while others it's high. Thanks in advance if you guys can settle it for me.

I'm looking to replace my Media Center 130 RES with a RES/RSC and was going to use one not necessarily from a Jeep.

Also, because I don't yet have my radio I bought from ebay (low speed canbus) is the antenna connection the same as on a universal tuner (can I go to walmart, bb, radio shack and buy and buy an antenna) or do I need to buy the $150 antenna from the dealer?

Thanks

omak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
omak
2011 MK Patriot 

anyone?
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Ypu might try Crutchfield.com and fill out your cars info on What fits my car. I'd imagine that for them to sell a deck to someone they need to sell a canbus as well. They usually research that stuff.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #4
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I love smoking canbus. I don't see what it has to do with the patriot though...

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The plastic housings take like crap and I can't imagine that it's healthy either.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
omak
2011 MK Patriot 

For anyone that looks at this in the future..

The Jeep Patriot 2011 has the low speed canbus. If you purchased your vehicle with the RES Media Center 130 you can purchase any like shape CD player (130 RES/RSC, 230, etc) from another type vehicle. Mine is from a 2011 Dodge Avenger.

You DO NOT need to purchase the Jeep Sirius installation kit, you CAN buy a universal antenna and use it.

When you call Sirius they will ask "Is this for the Dodge Avenger(ex)?" With one day's use everything in the car works normally.

Because I could not find this information anywhere else I may take pictures and do a simple write up for future people who are interested in doing the same thing.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.