can a compass be bought below invoice? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > can a compass be bought below invoice?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
aquaholic_

can a compass be bought below invoice?

ok jeep people, i'm a chevy/toyota guy (no comments PLEASE) and have never bought a jeep. bottom line is mom wants a compass. so i say ok, what the hell. she likes it so i'm ok with it. since i've never negotiated new car pricing on a jeep before, heres my question. can a compass be bought below invoice (semi difficult depending on model of chevy/toyota)? at invoice (easily done with chevy/toyota)? whats the story with a jeep compass?

Last edited by aquaholic_; 01-27-2008 at 10:21 AM..
aquaholic_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2008, 12:53 PM   #2
Chriztofor
2007 MK Compass 

I am not sure about invoice but

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaholic_
ok jeep people, i'm a chevy/toyota guy (no comments PLEASE) and have never bought a jeep. bottom line is mom wants a compass. so i say ok, what the hell. she likes it so i'm ok with it. since i've never negotiated new car pricing on a jeep before, heres my question. can a compass be bought below invoice (semi difficult depending on model of chevy/toyota)? at invoice (easily done with chevy/toyota)? whats the story with a jeep compass?
have you checked Jeep.com site and search 2007 inventory? For instance, a 2007 compass 4x2, 5 speed is going for $13,499! Chrysler, dodge, jeep, of white oak. That is how I found my great deal.
Chriztofor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2008, 02:44 PM   #3
Jeepster55

answer to your question; YES!

like Chriztofor said, check the internet....do a search on 'autotrader.com', 'cars.com', etc....and see what you can find. even search at 'jeep.com'.

with the economy the way it is, you can probably buy ANYTHING under invoice. anymore, 'invoice' is NOT what the dealer actually pays with all the 'back end' money, rebates, etc. by all means, buy a 2007.....has the 'lifetime powertrain warranty' and you can get them DIRT CHEAP.

good luck!
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2008, 04:23 PM   #4
JeepinGirlCT
2001 TJ Wrangler 

We were able to find exactly what we wanted by checking out dealer inventory off of the jeep.com website. You can do a search by dealers in your area. Not everyone lists their inventory on line, but enough of them do to give you an idea. For those dealers that don't, you can always take a spin. There was a dealership that we checked out that had 07 Compasses, some really decked out for $17 and $18K. It's worth checking out.
JeepinGirlCT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2008, 08:23 PM   #5
aquaholic_

now she wants a liberty. same question applies. can these be bought below invoice?
2500 summit white 02 avalanche 8.1L A4
voodoo blue 07 toyota fj cruiser
92 pearl white custom hd fatboy
aquaholic_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #6
Chriztofor
2007 MK Compass 

Same answers apply

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaholic_
now she wants a liberty. same question applies. can these be bought below invoice?
whether it is a liberty or a compass.
Chriztofor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
snood
2007 MK Compass 

since i worked for verizon i received 1% below invoice.
Unread 02-02-2008, 11:46 AM   #8
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettolt

that's funny, since i work at a Mopar Dealer, Daimler-Chrysler gave us a deal on our cell phones if we used Sprint (15% discount).

maybe if you work ANYWHERE, you can get a deal on ANYTHING, ya think?
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #9
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepster55
that's funny, since i work at a Mopar Dealer, Daimler-Chrysler gave us a deal on our cell phones if we used Sprint (15% discount).

maybe if you work ANYWHERE, you can get a deal on ANYTHING, ya think?
if you work at home depot you get 25% off your vzw bill.....so it sure seems like it these days
Unread 02-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
wrightrandy
2007 MK Patriot 

An example of the deals that can be made.

About a month Ago I bought a New 2007 Patriot Limited 4X4. Sticker over $25,500. Traded a 1988 GMC 2WD Suburban. The Suburban was cosmetically OK and ran, but had a number of systems inop and had spent the last 12 years here in Maine (read---rusty). Contract says full sticker minus (get ready) $7000 trade in for my GMC. At best it was worth $900. So I really got the Pat for about $19500.00. That is way below the invoice price. The key is doing your homework and being willing to accept something on the lot. If you are eligible for any discounts, make sure the dealer knows it.
wrightrandy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2008, 03:04 PM   #11
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

This article is from the Rocford Register, the closest "big city" to the Belvidere plant. While this isn't good news for anybody who has one on order it could well move some of the older stock with some good pricing.

http://www.rrstar.com/homepage/x603854049

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
jessasfella
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just bought a Patriot on Saturday. I assume that Patriots and Compasses have similar sales dynamics. If anything, it should be a little easier to get a deal on a Compass, at least anecdotally.

08 Patriot Sport, 4wd, manual, E package, tire and wheel group, heated seats, premium sound, sunroof, towing prep package, MSRP $22695, paid $19999 after rebate. Invoice is 21,919 according to Edmunds.com.

So to answer your question: absolutely.
jessasfella is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2008, 10:58 PM   #13
Stargazer79
2008 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettolt View Post
A fellow Verizon drone. Good to see. Put the order in for my Jeep Green '08 Compass Rallye yesterday. Now breathless with anticipation. Gotta enjoy that corporate love.

Stargazer79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #14
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

Just did and just joined the JeepForums

Purchased my Compass on Saturday- 33 miles on the clock, built 12/06, Sport with "E" package, Drivers convenience group, CVTII, smokers group, Moonroof, Speed control, Full size spare and "All Terrain" tires- Sticker price of $23.400 purchased for ............. $16,988 + tax & lic.

So far I really like the little bugger and the CVT operation and my driving style fits well. And thanks to the forums I made sure to check that it had not suffered from the dreaded "kinked" moonroof drain tubes before purchasing.

I already have my first mod on the way- to install the CHYX input adapter so I can hook up my XM without wires hanging around and the radio that will default back to whatever source was before I selected AUX and the ignition is turned off.

Well, back to browsing.
jbjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #15
joeydominick
1999 TJ Wrangler 

just got my gf her compass today.MSRP was 22,160 and they took it down to 18,250 with rebates and negotiating somewhat. I think it was a good deal. Its sunburst orange 4x4 with the cvt transmission
joeydominick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.