Caliber SRT exhaust on 4x4 Compass? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Caliber SRT exhaust on 4x4 Compass?

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 04-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

Caliber SRT exhaust on 4x4 Compass?

With the Caliber SRT out now - people will be looking to upgrade the OEM bits and pieces - one of these I would imagine would be the single passenger side exit cat back exhaust - which I would expect to be an upgrade to even the one on my Rallye - does anyone have an idea of where there maybe fitment problems?

Figured it would be easy to find a decent price on a lightly used OEM exhaust through Caliber forums....

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
Doba

As with a lot of this stuff......Try it for yourself and report back. It isn't easy to answer these type of things with a new vehicle. Trial and error is our best bet.
Doba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
davep
2007 MK Compass 

Are the exhaust setups different on the cali vs. compatriots? I just picked up a rattlecan of high temp black to try and hide mine a little.. my co-workers have started making fun of my car "t-bagging" in the back.
davep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2008, 06:48 AM   #4
CharBroiled
2000 XJ Cherokee 

lol yeah the stock muffler is pretty ugly sitting right there in plain view. not that we bought the Patriot for looks but still
Unread 04-09-2008, 11:10 AM   #5
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

see I don't have to worry about that - I have the 'upgraded' exhaust with the chrome tip because of the Rallye package (same exhaust as the Caliber RT) and the rear skirt of the Rallye's kit hides the muffler - only problem I could forsee with the cSRT stock exhaust is being too big (diameter) - and thusly not restrictive enough.

I'd rather not go with a dual tip because then I'd have to cut my rear skirt.

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #6
eze07mayhem
2007 MK Compass 

Hey I was wondering if anyone ever figured out if this would work? I want a different set up on my rig and that would be sweet.. I dont wanna spend the time and money looking for it and buying it if it would fit

Cheers Eric
eze07mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #7
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

first off, backpressure is bad, even in a non turbo car. the issue is, the csrt exhaust was designed for the csrt, not the compass. do a 2.4 turbo swap into your rallye, then get back to us. that'd be wicked...

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.
242much is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.