Bus Speed? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Bus Speed?

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 10-31-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

Bus Speed?

Ok so I have an 07 Compass

do I have a high speed or low speed BUS?

Trying to piece together a MyGIG system and want to make sure I get the right unit

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Tell me if this helps and if you need wiring diagrams.

DESCRIPTION
The primary on-board communication network between microprocessor-based electronic control modules in this vehicle is the Controller Area Network (CAN) data bus system. A data bus network minimizes redundant wiring connections; and, at the same time, reduces wire harness complexity, sensor current loads and controller hardware by allowing each sensing device to be connected to only one module (also referred to as a node). Each node reads, then broadcasts its sensor data over the bus for use by all other nodes requiring that data. Each node ignores the messages on the bus that it cannot use.

The CAN bus is a two-wire multiplex system. Multiplexing is any system that enables the transmission of multiple messages over a single channel or circuit. The CAN bus is used for communication between most vehicle nodes. However, in addition to the CAN bus network, certain nodes may also be equipped with a Local Interface Network (LIN) data bus. The LIN data bus is a single wire low-speed system used to provide direct communication between a master module and certain switch or sensor inputs.

There are actually three separate CAN bus systems used in the vehicle. They are designated: the CAN-B, the CAN-C and the Diagnostic CAN-C. The CAN-B and CAN-C systems provide on-board communication between all nodes in the vehicle. The CAN-C is the faster of the two systems providing near real-time communication (500 Kbps), but is less fault tolerant than the CAN-B system. The CAN-C is used exclusively for communications between critical powertrain and chassis nodes. The slower (83.3 Kbps), but more fault tolerant CAN-B system is used for communications between body and interior nodes. The CAN-B fault tolerance comes from its ability to revert to a single wire communication mode if there is a fault in the bus wiring.

The added speed of the CAN data bus is many times faster than previous data bus systems. This added speed facilitates the addition of more electronic control modules or nodes and the incorporation of many new electrical and electronic features in the vehicle. The Diagnostic CAN-C bus is also capable of 500 Kbps communication, and is sometimes informally referred to as the CAN-D system to differentiate it from the other high speed CAN-C bus. The Diagnostic CAN-C is used exclusively for the transmission of diagnostic information between the Totally Integrated Power Module/Central GateWay (TIPM or TIPMCGW) and a diagnostic scan tool connected to the industry-standard 16-way Data Link Connector (DLC) located beneath the instrument panel on the driver side of the vehicle.

The TIPM is located in the engine compartment near the battery. The central CAN gateway or hub module integral to the TIPM is connected to all three CAN buses. This gateway physically and electrically isolates the CAN buses from each other and coordinates the bi-directional transfer of messages between them.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-03-2008, 06:47 AM   #3
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

nope didn't understand a word of that

thanks though Gramps!

Unread 11-06-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
merlinTec

Hi
I don't believe you can have my gig anyway see here www.wkjeeps.com/wk_nav_2.htm
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 11-07-2008, 05:35 AM   #5
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

http://www.coastaletech.com/MYGIG.htm

A guy in my car club has an 07 Caliber and he just installed a MyGIG system in it - he used the low speed bus one (he originally bought a high speed one - that didn't work so he sold it and bought a low speed one) guess I just didn't want to end up doing the same thing if it could be avoided...

Unread 11-07-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
merlinTec

Hi
Cool can you post more info all the info I can find say not till 2009 on the MK and not listed as an option on accessories web site. I was told it could turn on but you get no sound.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 11-09-2008, 06:07 PM   #7
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8971

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.