Broken transmission dipstick tube - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Compass & Patriot Forum > Broken transmission dipstick tube

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Jeep Forum Discount is ON!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 01-02-2015, 04:59 PM   #1
RSoper

Broken transmission dipstick tube

I have a 2012 Jeep Patriot. It actually is my 17yr old son's car.

Today found a puddle of fluid in the driveway. After verifying the correct level of engine oil, I discovered the FillTube for transmission fluid laying on the side of the engine compartment. It SHEERED off just above the mounting bracket. I brought the car to the dealer where I bought the car, Hall Nissan (used ). They stated that they had never seen this issue and that it was not covered under the extended warranty (Fidelity Gold/plus), that I had purchased. They also stated that the repair job was BIG. Tons of things had to be removed and a labor would be high. I saw many examples of this happening on Google, but none specific to 2012 Patriot nor Fidelity coverage. I am hoping that someone else has had this issue with success via a Jeep warranty or Fidelity.

Anyone else with this issue?
Any suggestions?

RSoper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
JerryGNYC
2015 MK Patriot 

First thing I would do is get a repair quote from both a reputable mechanic, and also a Jeep dealership. Always get a second and/or third opinion.

Personally, I would never go to a dealer for an out-of-warranty repair. They are usually very high-priced (aka rip-off). And why go to a Nissan dealer to fix a Jeep?

You may also want to contact the warranty company directly.

HTH,
-Jerry
Unread 01-11-2015, 09:12 PM   #3
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

I had the same thing happen to my 2011. i think i had 2-3 months left on the warranty. The dealer fixed it under and hour. Who knows there might be a recall on it, or call them just to see what they say about it.
Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #4
samuelschneider

STOP!!! This problem is a defect in the jeep. Its exactly where the tube hits the radiator hose. Its a factory warranty issue and is covered by your warranty. I questioned it and setting in a dealership getting it fixed now. It should be a recalled service. But, they are not moving towards a recall because know one knows its a defect in design.
samuelschneider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.