Broken antenna 2008 Compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Broken antenna 2008 Compass

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
GLFNDLFN
2008 MK Compass 

Broken antenna 2008 Compass

Greetings fellow Jeep owners,
My girlfriend has a 2008 Jeep Compass. The antenna has snapped off at the post and I am curious how much effort it takes to replace the bracket, guessing depending on where it broke I am going to have to replace the bracket under the fender because it is likely I am not going to be able to get the broken post piece out. From my understanding I need to take the front wheel off and undo the wheel well cover in order to even access it, is this correct? If so, is it easy to access and replace? I have fairly large hands and not sure how much space I am going to have. Also, is there any special tools one might need to accomplish this task?

Thank you for your time.

GLFNDLFN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
JeepCares

REMOVAL (from the service manual)

see First Picture
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove antenna mast by unscrewing mast from antenna body. On vehicles equipped with manual retractable antenna, lower antenna fully.
3. Remove shroud (1), if equipped.
4. Remove antenna nut (2) and adapter (3)

see Second picture
5. Disconnect antenna body cable from instrument panel antenna cable.
6. Remove inner fender shield as necessary to gain access to mounting fasteners.
7. Remove antenna body and cable (2) assembly from fender (1)
first-picture.jpg

second-picture.jpg

JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.