Bluetooth hands free installation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Bluetooth hands free installation

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-07-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
Bubbster

Bluetooth hands free installation

Hi, I was just about to take the dash apart on my brand new UK spec patriot to install my Parrot bluetooth hands free kit, when I thought I would double check whether I needed a different wiring harness connector for the factory fitted radio. What I've just been told by my local car radio store is that these new jeeps are incompatible with these units, in that they have non ISO connectors on the head units, and there is no ATT mute function for taking calls through the car's speakers. Also something about the amplifier preventing the use of the radio wiring harness? He suggested i would need to fit a kit with it's own speaker, finding the power from alternative wires under the dash?
I'm now unsure whether to proceed at all??
Can anyone clear up the confusion, or recommend a better phone kit for the Patriot? I have a standard single CD, 4 speaker stereo fitted, and would rather have the hands free kit hard wired to use the stereo.
Thanks.

Bubbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #2
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbster
Hi, I was just about to take the dash apart on my brand new UK spec patriot to install my Parrot bluetooth hands free kit, when I thought I would double check whether I needed a different wiring harness connector for the factory fitted radio. What I've just been told by my local car radio store is that these new jeeps are incompatible with these units, in that they have non ISO connectors on the head units, and there is no ATT mute function for taking calls through the car's speakers. Also something about the amplifier preventing the use of the radio wiring harness? He suggested i would need to fit a kit with it's own speaker, finding the power from alternative wires under the dash?
I'm now unsure whether to proceed at all??
Can anyone clear up the confusion, or recommend a better phone kit for the Patriot? I have a standard single CD, 4 speaker stereo fitted, and would rather have the hands free kit hard wired to use the stereo.
Thanks.
Can't really recommend a kit, but I am going to put the factory kit in my Caliber once I get off my lazy butt. The factory one MIGHT require a different wire harness, but all you have to do is change the mirror out and it does the rest once that is taken care of. The factory one being the factory uconnect kit.
Unread 11-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #3
sheriffav8r

Check out this site before you buy a Parrot: http://www.quickconnectproducts.com .
I am looking at one also but this may be more complicated than I want. I have the Boston Acoustics package on my '08 Patriot and this is fairly involved....
sheriffav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
Bubbster

REG audio headunit - amplified?

This looks like what I need. Any way of finding out whether the standard Mopar REG LW/AM/FM/CD security radio fitted to my Patriot is an amplified model?
Bubbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2008, 07:50 AM   #5
Chriztofor
2007 MK Compass 

I have a parrot with quick connect kit in my BMW 323i. I love it! I am not sure if I will install one in the Compass. The site states that I may need to run a power wire. I don't want to do that. With the BMW it was 100% plug and play.
Chriztofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2008, 07:54 AM   #6
PismoJeep

Parrot CK3100 + Plug and Play HARNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriztofor View Post
I have a parrot with quick connect kit in my BMW 323i. I love it! I am not sure if I will install one in the Compass. The site states that I may need to run a power wire. I don't want to do that. With the BMW it was 100% plug and play.
I installed a CK3100 and a Plug and Play Harness from www.safewireless.com.
It was a super easy installation! Great service too, they went over the whole kit and it's capabilities, very nice!
PismoJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2008, 08:40 AM   #7
Jeepster55

when i get off MY 'lazy butt', i'm going with the Mopar Accessory "U-Connect" Kit. i've got the BA sound system too with the RAQ stereo. by using the 'factory' kit, i should have no problems with installation.

just gotta get off my lazy butt now.....
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2008, 09:03 AM   #8
taseal
1993 XJ Cherokee 

I wanna do this too, but I have a lease car, so I don't really want to take things apart, or put any holes anywhere

is there like a plug and play kit? (or have like circuit city or something do it, so i'm not liable for anything lol)

i really with this car had the u-connect
Unread 02-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #9
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by taseal View Post
I wanna do this too, but I have a lease car, so I don't really want to take things apart, or put any holes anywhere

is there like a plug and play kit? (or have like circuit city or something do it, so i'm not liable for anything lol)

i really with this car had the u-connect

you can purchase the 'factory' Mopar Accessory U-Connect Kit. no drilling involved and you don't have to worry about it interfering with the stereo operation or anything else for that matter. it was designed specifically for the MK's.

i've not done it yet, but i hear the install is fairly simple too.....
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.