Blocked Wheels...Rear Differential - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Blocked Wheels...Rear Differential

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 05-04-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
ajfiel

Blocked Wheels...Rear Differential

Dear Friends,

Sorry for my English...
My Patriot 2.0 diesel/6 gears from 2007 is in the Garage since the first days of April and my mechanic is no longer a big friend of it.
When I turn left (slow speed)…the right rear wheel start blocking. When I turn right…the same will problem in the rear left wheel. I have this problem since the day I took the two sensors in the rear wheels.
The front and rear differential are almost new. Mechanically, the car is perfect. The problem is in a small box (pic below) connected with the rear differential. I really don’t know the name of it. If we take that part from the car, the noise and wheels block disappear. Is this an Electronic Coupling Unit problem? We had to install 4 new wheels sensors. And, as far as we understand, there’s a relation between that box and the wheel sensors (the mechanics were talking about electromagnetic…) I don’t know how to explain. Is there a way to reset the Electronic Unit? Any other ideas? Brake Lock Differential? Lunchbox Locker???

ajfiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The All Wheel Drive (AWD) Control Module (located in the left kick panel area) gets signals over the vehicle bus from the Electronically Controlled Coupling (ECC) mounted on the rear axle. The ECC sensor is what your picture was indicating (it no longer was showing so I removed it). I would check for a frayed wire or the AWD Control Module itself in the left front fender well.
compass-chassis-.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.