Bike Racks used on your Compass - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Bike Racks used on your Compass

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #16
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I work at a bicycle retailer, and if you have a nice (valuable) bike I would advise to stay away from the cheap strap racks. The damaged bikes that come in are not worth the up-front savings.

Definitely a hitch-style rack is the most solid, and if you can get a hitch without wiring it can cut the price down a bit. Companies like Sportrack or Swagman make solid two and four bike racks to go in a receiver that are reasonable priced, and a good bit cheaper than a roof system.

hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #17
jbjeepguy
2007 MK Compass 

Here is the setup I use

I got the hitch and rack from etrailer.com- $112.95 for the hitch (I did not install any wiring since I only use the hitch for the bike rack) and $159.95 for the rack and since the order was over $150 I got "free" shipping so $272.90 total- way cheaper than a roof mount system.

07 Compass, FDI, CVT
jbjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 07:19 PM   #18
hustler905
2002 TJ Wrangler 

^ Precisely what I was talking about. That's a stable and strong setup.
hustler905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #19
cactus_jack
1998 XJ Cherokee 

guess I'll have to fork over the cash for a hitch receiver....which wont be for a while thanks for the help dudes

Tags
bike rack , compass , patriot

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.