Bike Mount for 2007 Patriot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Bike Mount for 2007 Patriot

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
cerrilloi

Bike Mount for 2007 Patriot

I have a couple of bikes and was looking to purchase the mopar Bicycle Carrier, Hitch-Mount http://www.mopar-accessories.com/en-...=3063&pc=35328 . I just wanted to know if this is a good bike mount, and if so what is the top speed you can go on highway so the bikes donīt suffer any damage. Thank you very much for the input.

cerrilloi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
polished_heckle
2007 MK Patriot 

that style of rack is only good for bikes that have a horizontal, round top tube. Modern mountain bikes are a pain to put on them.

i.e. this bike is good for that rack

this bike is not.

For mountain bikes with suspension forks, I highly recommend the North Shore Rack

polished_heckle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
snowmonster
2008 MK Patriot 

I use a Thule Speedway bike mount on my Patriot. It's cheap and easy to install. I have the 3 bike model and use it to transport 2 hybrid bikes (the spaces are narrow so realistically, if you're looking to carry 3 bikes, make sure they're road bikes). The only downside is that you can get scratches on your gate where the metal part of the side straps rub up against the car (easily solved by attaching foam pads). I drive 70-80 on the highway and haven't had any problems. Just don't whip around turns!
Unread 06-30-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
mrrdillard
2007 MK Patriot 

I use a rack from Hollywood - supposed to carry 3 bikes, but I can only really use it for 2 because I have giant beach cruisers. Works fine for me, drive all over with my bikes attached.
mrrdillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #5
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

Picked up a Swagman bike rack. Works great.

polished_heckle brings up a great point about suspension bikes. My wife and I have hard tail bikes, so we're fine. But my buddy has a soft tail (rear suspension) and it won't fit on is. In that case, you can nab an adapter.

http://www.swagmanbikeracks.com/shop...me.php?cat=262
Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

I have a Swagman hitch mount. holds three mountain bikes with no problem. One of them is a full suspension, the other two hard tails.
howdy246 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

Now thats one sweet ride!
howdy246 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.