Big petrol consumption - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Big petrol consumption

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 10-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #16
norphano
2009 MK Compass 

I just bout a 2009 Jeep Compass used, currently running between 11.5-12.5l/100km. Pretty disappointing to see after the great fuel consumption rating of 9.9l/100km city and 8.2l/100km highway it gets. Was going to ask if something was wrong but after reading this forum I see it is pretty standard. How can they be this far off?

norphano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #17
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

From about 19 mpg- 20.5 mpg. That's not the best obviously. You can try disconnecting the battery for about half an hour to reset the computer. Temperature, Ethanol % and driving habits have a lot to do with it. Was your serviced before you bought it? Dirty air filter?

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #18
jeff_alieffson

No I did not change air filter yet. I'll change on 10,000 km. On second oil change. Now only 8,500 km.
My MIL (check engine) has illuminated after 6,000 km and consumption growed to 24 liters per 100 km. I have injectors cleaned.
I zeroed odometer after. No it's again 19 liters per 100 km.
jeff_alieffson is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.