Been looking at the compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Been looking at the compass

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 03-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #1
leakytj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Been looking at the compass

Me and my girlfriend have been looking at getting a new family vehicle. She really likes the compass, but I'm not so sure. I have seen a couple that don't look that bad. What I would would like from you guys and girls is how do you like yours, would you buy it again? Power? Space? We haven't test drove one yet but will very soon thanks

leakytj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
KLRJEEPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by leakytj View Post
Me and my girlfriend have been looking at getting a new family vehicle. She really likes the compass, but I'm not so sure. I have seen a couple that don't look that bad. What I would would like from you guys and girls is how do you like yours, would you buy it again? Power? Space? We haven't test drove one yet but will very soon thanks
If its just the two of you then the jeep will be great. Two things, if your not looking at the off road package, wait until the 2014 comes out with the real 6 speed auto. And, get the patriot, cheaper and IMO better looking.
KLRJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #3
leakytj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ya we have a little one too. She's one I personally like the patriot better but my girlfriend is stubborn and doesn't like it. Haha
Unread 03-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #4
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I have a patriot with 2 kids and a third on the way. We love ours. I would suggest the patriot, because it is more square, its easier to get our stroller in and out, with room to spare. (I tried both, and the patriot was slightly better) So maybe throw that out there for you!

I like the CVT in my FDII, but most do not. if you are looking at a FDII I would say see if you can get a smoking deal on a 2013, if you are not, get a 2014 with the 6speed.
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #5
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Threved on 2014 Patriot with 6 speed Auto. No CVT.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
leakytj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ya she doesn't like the look of the patriot I think its either the compass or something else but i dont know we will see what happens thanks a lot though guys
Unread 03-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
KLRJEEPER

Compass then. Ha ha. Anything else in the category is crap besides the jeep offerings.
Unread 03-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #8
WingedScapula
2009 MK Compass 

Yeah, I'd buy a Compass again. I like my 2009, and I feel that the "baby Grand Cherokee" design looks even nicer. It's surprisingly spacious with the rear seats folded down (I was surprised at some of the furniture I could cram into it). It handles rough weather well; I note that the side windows do a good job of keeping rain off, whereas some vehicles seem to have water streaming along them and fogging up (it may have to do with the angles that the windows are set at). I like the handling. One of my favorite parts is the CVT, but that seems to be a pretty polarizing issue: some people love it, some people hate. I feel that it's more responsive and smoother compared with standard automatic transmissions, but you should test drive it for yourself to see how it jives with your driving style.
WingedScapula is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:14 PM   #9
leakytj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ya I'm sure we will still test drive it. I wonder what the longevity of the CVT will be? Just kind of scared of change I guess.
Unread 03-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #10
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I wonder if manufacturers went to the cvt because they think it is better, or because they are cheaper to produce, and just market it as better.

I think its the latter.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 04:36 AM   #11
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Life expectancy is supposed to be around 150K, of course some will get less than that and you'll hear about those, the ones that get more than that you won't. They went with the CVT because of less maintenance and fuel economy but now they are putting more 'gears' in other automatics to get the mileage up.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2013, 05:22 AM   #12
leakytj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ya I looked at the wk2 just to look and it said 8 speed. That's a little crazy I think
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:46 AM   #13
KLRJEEPER

Nope the new 8 sp trans is awesome. I have two vehicles with CVT, the patriot and an audi A4. the Audi's tranny is going south but its 9000 to get another to replace it. as I said earlier, wait until 2014's come out if you can and get the 6 sp auto. you will thank me.
Unread 04-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #14
leakytj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRJEEPER
Nope the new 8 sp trans is awesome. I have two vehicles with CVT, the patriot and an audi A4. the Audi's tranny is going south but its 9000 to get another to replace it. as I said earlier, wait until 2014's come out if you can and get the 6 sp auto. you will thank me.
Good to know man thanks a lot for the info

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.