JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   Been looking at the compass (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/been-looking-compass-1500812/)

leakytj 03-29-2013 07:18 AM

Been looking at the compass

Me and my girlfriend have been looking at getting a new family vehicle. She really likes the compass, but I'm not so sure. I have seen a couple that don't look that bad. What I would would like from you guys and girls is how do you like yours, would you buy it again? Power? Space? We haven't test drove one yet but will very soon thanks

KLRJEEPER 03-29-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leakytj (Post 15212684)
Me and my girlfriend have been looking at getting a new family vehicle. She really likes the compass, but I'm not so sure. I have seen a couple that don't look that bad. What I would would like from you guys and girls is how do you like yours, would you buy it again? Power? Space? We haven't test drove one yet but will very soon thanks

If its just the two of you then the jeep will be great. Two things, if your not looking at the off road package, wait until the 2014 comes out with the real 6 speed auto. And, get the patriot, cheaper and IMO better looking.

leakytj 03-29-2013 09:16 AM

Ya we have a little one too. She's one I personally like the patriot better but my girlfriend is stubborn and doesn't like it. Haha

aroundincircles 03-29-2013 09:27 AM

I have a patriot with 2 kids and a third on the way. We love ours. I would suggest the patriot, because it is more square, its easier to get our stroller in and out, with room to spare. (I tried both, and the patriot was slightly better) So maybe throw that out there for you!

I like the CVT in my FDII, but most do not. if you are looking at a FDII I would say see if you can get a smoking deal on a 2013, if you are not, get a 2014 with the 6speed.

FujativeOCR 03-29-2013 10:00 AM

Threved on 2014 Patriot with 6 speed Auto. No CVT.

leakytj 03-29-2013 01:11 PM

Ya she doesn't like the look of the patriot I think its either the compass or something else but i dont know we will see what happens thanks a lot though guys

KLRJEEPER 03-29-2013 02:42 PM

Compass then. Ha ha. Anything else in the category is crap besides the jeep offerings.

WingedScapula 03-31-2013 05:54 PM

Yeah, I'd buy a Compass again. I like my 2009, and I feel that the "baby Grand Cherokee" design looks even nicer. It's surprisingly spacious with the rear seats folded down (I was surprised at some of the furniture I could cram into it). It handles rough weather well; I note that the side windows do a good job of keeping rain off, whereas some vehicles seem to have water streaming along them and fogging up (it may have to do with the angles that the windows are set at). I like the handling. One of my favorite parts is the CVT, but that seems to be a pretty polarizing issue: some people love it, some people hate. I feel that it's more responsive and smoother compared with standard automatic transmissions, but you should test drive it for yourself to see how it jives with your driving style.

leakytj 03-31-2013 06:14 PM

Ya I'm sure we will still test drive it. I wonder what the longevity of the CVT will be? Just kind of scared of change I guess.

FujativeOCR 03-31-2013 06:24 PM

I wonder if manufacturers went to the cvt because they think it is better, or because they are cheaper to produce, and just market it as better.

I think its the latter.

Gramps 04-02-2013 04:36 AM

Life expectancy is supposed to be around 150K, of course some will get less than that and you'll hear about those, the ones that get more than that you won't. They went with the CVT because of less maintenance and fuel economy but now they are putting more 'gears' in other automatics to get the mileage up.

leakytj 04-02-2013 05:22 AM

Ya I looked at the wk2 just to look and it said 8 speed. That's a little crazy I think

KLRJEEPER 04-02-2013 06:46 AM

Nope the new 8 sp trans is awesome. I have two vehicles with CVT, the patriot and an audi A4. the Audi's tranny is going south but its 9000 to get another to replace it. as I said earlier, wait until 2014's come out if you can and get the 6 sp auto. you will thank me.

leakytj 04-02-2013 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLRJEEPER
Nope the new 8 sp trans is awesome. I have two vehicles with CVT, the patriot and an audi A4. the Audi's tranny is going south but its 9000 to get another to replace it. as I said earlier, wait until 2014's come out if you can and get the 6 sp auto. you will thank me.

Good to know man thanks a lot for the info

The time now is 03:33 AM.