Battery Terminal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Battery Terminal

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-05-2013, 01:25 AM   #1
nvaresi16

Battery Terminal

I have a 2007 Compass and i need to replace the positive battery terminal. I noticed that this has 2 battery cables going into it so off the shelf replacement wont work. When i went to the dealership they told me that i would need to replace the entire cable harness because they don't sell the terminal by itself. I was wondering if anyone has had to replace this or if anyone knows where i can find a direct replacement without having to replace the cable harness?

You feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

nvaresi16 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #2
Speedymcracer01

My 98 zj had the factory crimped battery terminal two months ago.it also has two positive wires going into the terminal. I broke the crimped terminal in half then cut the two positive wires off the old crimped terminal. I replaced the terminal with a replacement terminal from the parts stores. I just stripped the two wires to the length needed. I used a fleet terminal on my negative wires since they are a bit thicker than the positive wires. I used a standard terminal for the positive wires. It was just a little bit smaller than the fleet terminal, but just secure the wires with one hand while you tighten the bolts on the terminal with your other hand once you have it tight enough the wires stay in place fairly well. Pay attention to the size of your wires when purchasing your new terminal. Its not hard to grab one to small or to big. Anyways the standard replacement terminals are holding up pretty good so far. The wires are still secured tightly with no loose connections or anything.
Speedymcracer01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.