Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Bad Throttle response

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Gramps 
#1 ·
Has anyone had issues with their throttle response? Once or twice a week i have issues with the throttle. When i let out on the clutch and press on the gas i get nothing, no revs or anything. I let up on the gas and repress and usually it works, sometimes i have to repeat.

Yesterday, however, I did this twice still nothing, then i downshifted, and it began jerking violently (like if you dumped the clutch) and the ESP light came on. It did the same thing at the next soplight. The ESP light is currently off. I was in 4WD, does this make a difference?

It only does this from a dead stop. It has done this randomly since I bought this Jeep new in July of '09.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Lidhead

#2 ·
I have the same issue with throttle response sometimes. It will act like it's not getting enough air or something. I think it has something to do with the electronic throttle control not working right. I sometimes turn my ESP partial off and it helps. I think it's just a safety precaution to keep your tires from breaking loose. :dunno:

#3 ·
It may have to do with this code but you'll need to have someone pull the codes, if any.

P0125-INSUFFICIENT COOLANT TEMP FOR CLOSED-LOOP FUEL CONTROL

When Monitored:
  • With the ignition on, battery voltage greater than 10.4 volts, and no ECT sensor circuit DTCs present.
  • Set Condition: The PCM detects that the engine coolant temperature is below the calibrated pass value when the engine run time is greater than the calibrated value based on start up coolant temperature. Two trip fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.
Possible Causes
ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR WIRING OR CONNECTORS
ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL AND CONDITION
THERMOSTAT
ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE SENSOR

#5 ·
There may be but I don't know for ceratin. I know that the ESP, BAS lights will throw a code without having the MIL light but they are a different part of the system.

Someone else had a similar problem way back when. It was mostly when they were turning and pulling on to another road and it turned out to be the Steering Angle Sensor. Go figure! :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.