auto stick - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > auto stick

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 11-15-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

auto stick

does the auto stick come only on the limited 4x4 or does it also come on the sport 4X4?

echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 12:31 AM   #2
KCoastie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I believe only in the limited
KCoastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 04:38 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The CVT in the Limited is an extra $150 over the CVT in the Sport, I'll ASSume that it's because of the Auto Stick.

That aside, I personally haven't found a use for it except maybe bragging rights. I've seen reports that it works great for holding your speed going down hill but the Cruise Control holds my speed with only a 2 mph over run, no problems there. I did theorize that maybe it could be useful in heavy, slow and go traffic but I haven't heard back on that yet. Maybe to play Roger Racer? , Maybe for towing? There hasn't been a time when I've needed to dial my own gears, Drive works just fine, but I don't have any excessive hill driving and I don't run in heavy traffic.

The Auto Stick does have like a kick down switch that when you nail it to the floor it goes up to 6K and stays there until you let off the pedal. Does the standard CVT have that feature? I had heard that the Caliber didn't have the kick down except on the R/T with Auto Stick. Maybe someone can answer that.

Unless you have some practical use for the Auto Stick that I haven't figured out yet, I can't see the need to move up to the Limited just for that feature alone.

Any feed back from others on it's usefulness?

Gramps
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2006, 05:23 AM   #4
lynnk

Gramps .... I agree with you. My Limited has it and other than playing with it, I haven't found any driving conditions that it did anything better for me. I had mentioned once before that I was having a problem in traffic when I left off the gas and then started to accelerate where it had a jerky start. You suggested trying holding it in gear with Autostick ... I tried that and it didn't make much difference .... still seems to jerk when you go from a slowing down situation to an accelerating condition ... seems worse a slower speeds. Maybe if I were in a steep hill situation, moving to a lower gear would hold you back better but I don't have any real hills here in So. MD. It still bothers me but I'm learning to live with it. I find that not completely taking my foot off the accelerator seems to minimize the jerk part. Using Autostick did not solve that problem.

2007 Jeep Compass Limited
CVT2 Autostick
Remote Start
RAQ Radio w/ Sirius
lynnk is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.