Audio system in Compass Phase 1 in progress - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Audio system in Compass Phase 1 in progress

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-27-2008, 09:44 AM   #1
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

Audio system in Compass Phase 1 in progress

Yesterday I bought the Navi trim ring from the dealership. Took the jeep over to the Circuit City in Roseville, CA. Spent pretty much the entire day working with my buddy that works there on installing equipment. So yesterday I got the Pioneer AVIC Z2 with Sirius and ipod installed. We also installed a 4 channel eclipse amplifier, and a 1 channel eclipee amplifier along with a 2 farad capacitor. Upgrade all 4 speakers in the doors with Polk Audio 6X9s and installed a set of Polk component tweeters in the dash. For a subwoofer I am using a 10" Kicker Solobaric truck box in the back until I can figure out how I am going to build a custom enclosure in the spare tire well. I will take some pics later and post them.

rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2008, 05:47 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Glad to see you going for this Rob. There has been some interest in this kind of set up!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-29-2008, 10:55 AM   #3
HuckleberryFinn

That sounds awesome Rob! I have a Kicker ZX series Mono Class D amp running two 12'' Kicker CVR's in my '07 Compass. I put a new Pioneer deck with iPod connector and the bass is AMAZING! I wired the car with 4 gauge wire, and I'm hoping its enough power to power a second multi-channel amp using a distribution block because I'd like a little more power from the 6x9's in the doors to match the bass. Worst part about it is the rattle from the subs. I've used Dynamat all over the rear of the car, including liftgate, and it still shakes plenty, but as a whole i wouldn't trade it for anything! It's awesome! So good luck and keep us posted with the progress! Thanks!
HuckleberryFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2008, 04:31 PM   #4
rob_rector
2007 MK Compass 

I plan a custom enclosure inside the spare tire/cargo area ... not sure what subs I am gonna use yet. I will dynomat the heck out of it ... I hate rattles. My buddy is very good about finding them and eliminating them. You would be surprised the stuff we have put dynamat on in my old car ... but in the end ... no rattles. I will take some pics of what has been done so far.
rob_rector is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.