Ariel Connector - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Ariel Connector

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 07-26-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
spencernj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Ariel Connector

I have just purchased a wired MP3 Modulator that will connect to the Ariel socket on the factory head unit (as the UK/EU ones don't have an aux and the Mopar iPOD kit does not work with UK/EU head units) and guess I will need convertors to convert the plug and socket on the unit (the standard bannana plug types ones that have been in use for years) to the connector on the Jeep Head unit and ariel cable. So that I don't have to strip my dash down to get the head unit out to find what I need and then put it all back to go to the shop to get the adapters - does anyone know what type of Ariel connector the standard loom uses assuming its the same for EU and US Jeeps.

Cheers

Unread 07-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #2
merlinTec

??????? lost me I make it mopar kit 82210181ABand I have fitted theses kits in the UK with no problems.
Unread 07-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
spencernj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I was told they did not work with the UK head, but thats not much of an issue anyway as I did not want to use it with an iPOD.
Unread 07-28-2010, 03:21 AM   #4
spencernj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Melin it seems we are talking about different MOPAR kits. There is one that provide full integration incl steering wheel control etc and this from its spec sheet is not compatible with the RAR head unit. The one available in the UK and I presume you have fitted is an FM one which is not really integration. The 3rd party one I have obtained also FM is about a 3rd of the price of the MOPAR one.
Unread 07-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #5
merlinTec

Yes I am talking about the FM one, it's the only one listed for the UK

Tags
antenna , compass , fm , mk , mp3 , patriot , uk

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.